Martingale + system profit question???

I'm working on a system that is currently 70/30 for winning/losing bets. All of the bets are backing teams at least 3 to 1 favorited to win. Implementing the Martingale betting strategy, this has shown large profits. There haven't been worse than 4 in a row losing, my question is: should it be safe to assume there won't be too long of a losing streak when every bet is at least a 3 to 1 favorite?

Re: Martingale + system profit question??? No, no it's not. Strange unexpected runs happen. 10 or more losing bets in a row will happen Martingdale can only work if you have limitless money to back it up which I'm guessing you don't Read this thread. Martingdale

Re: Martingale + system profit question??? I have bad experience of that 70/30 winning-losing system because my lack of patience, but if you can to fulfill this rule ˝ only one bet a day ˝ you can make some good money on system you are working at. ( slow increasing profit but keep your bankroll safe )

Re: Martingale + system profit question??? I've read how the Martingale system doesn't work in the long run because of runs of bad results. But that is based on games of 50/50 chance, not 70/30. In 125 games, there has only been 2 runs of 3 games in a row wrong (correction from earlier) so I've only had to double stakes 4 times. What if I were to stop doubling after the 4th? I expect this system to be at least marginally profitable in the long run and when going back and implementing the Martingale its increased my profits by 350%.

Re: Martingale + system profit question???

stupid question' date=' but if you have a system that gives 70% winners at minimum odds of 3-1, wtf are you doing bothering with martingdale?[/quote']entirely my thoughts. What sports are you betting on?

Re: Martingale + system profit question??? Well its like odds of 1.35 for each bet. Just doing even stakes has won about 5.5 units (10$ a bet = 55$ profit) in a month of play, while using the martingale produced 19 units in a month. Oh and soccer games KThom

Re: Martingale + system profit question???

Well its like odds of 1.35 for each bet. Just doing even stakes has won about 5.5 units (10$ a bet = 55$ profit) in a month of play' date=' while using the martingale produced 19 units in a month. Oh and soccer games KThom[/quote'] but one iis safe and one isn't. depends if you think the system will work longer term. As your profit increases with level stakes so can your bet size

Re: Martingale + system profit question??? Ok I hear ya. I've seen threads that have claimed a profit from doubling bets only three times then going back to the original bet until losses end. If I were to try this, would you recommend going back to my original wager after doubling up the bet twice or three times?

Re: Martingale + system profit question??? very nice and totaly truthful stats ( belive me I know, I have lost €700 on that kind of betting ) cheers 2good4u and sorry about past comments:ok