Correct Score System

The fundemental factor behind this one is picking games where I believe there's a comparatively good chance that a team will fail to score, combined with the belief that they are a decent chance of losing. Once I've identified this team, I will back them to lose 2-0 if away and 1-0 if at home. Portsmouth v Everton Everton 1-0 @ 8.00 Betfair Everton concede very few goals on the road and those they have let in were against Man Utd and Liverpool. Portsmouth have won just once in 13 games. These two factors combined means an Everton clean sheet is a strong chance. Given Everton's good run of late there is a solid possibility of them winning. Bayern v Karlsruhe Bayern 2-0 @ 8.00 Betfair Karlsruhe have not scored in 8 of their past 9 games. Given they have just about the toughest road trip in Germany, I think that a low prospect for their to score is established. Bayern being at home against this calibre opposition is more than enough to satisfy that they are a chance to win.

Re: Correct Score System Rennes v Valenciennes Rennes 2-0 @ 7 Betstar Rennes have kept 8 clean sheets in their last 9 home games. Valenciennes haven't scored an away goal in their past 3 trips, have scored 6 away goals all season and are without key striker Darcheville for this game. They are winless on the road this year and Rennes are yet to lose at home. Combined with Rennes' strong form I believe the case can be made for a Rennes victory being likely.

Re: Correct Score System Fulham v Manchester United Manchester United 1-0 @ 6.8 Betfair Fulham's home form has dipped of late. Manchester United have conceded just 7 goals on the road this season and have their much reknowned defence. In the past 4 H2H meetings Fulham haven't scored against Utd. This satisfies the clean sheet criteria, whilst the Manchester United to win criteria basically explains itself.

Re: Correct Score System 0/4 so not the best way to start this one off. 2/4 games had the team kept scoreless though, so I suppose that's something. Inter v Reggina Inter 2-0 @ 6.6 Betfair Reggina have scored just 4 away goals all season. Inter are obviously a top team with a decent defence and there's a good chance Reggina wont score. The Inter to win aspect explains itself. Fiorentina v Siena Fiorentina 2-0 @ 8 Betfair Siena have failed to score in 5 of their last 7 away games. Fiorentina have kept 6 home clean sheets this season and are a reasonable chance of keeping a clean sheet. There's also a reasonable chance they will win so am happy to include this game. AZ v Feyenoord AZ 2-0 @ 7.50 Sportingbet AZ have kept 11 clean sheets in 13 home games this season. Feyenoord are ok at scoring on the road but didn't breach Ajax or PSV's defence during those road trips so I see no reason why that trend can't continue. AZ to win basically explains itself. Liverpool v Aston Villa Liverpool 2-0 @ 7 Betfair Aston Villa are on a bit of a down trend and haven't scored too well of late. Their recent away trip to City yielded no goals and Liverpool have a superb defence which Villa will struggle to breach.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Correct Score System Actually, it was Arsenal 2-0 that I had. Unlike most correct score bets, the premise for the selection doesn't stem from a belief that a team will win, rather, that one team is likely to be kept scoreless. The underlined team in each bet is the team that I believe will have a lot of difficulty scoring, which in this case was Man City. Slightly disappointing not to see Chelsea 1-0 come in, but at least it appears the clean sheet criteria is pretty consistent (so far).

Re: Correct Score System

Thanks Bedlam, hopefully some better luck today. 0/10 so far so probably can't get too much worse. Arsenal v Man City Arsenal 2-0 @ 7.4 Newcastle v Chelsea Chelsea 1-0 @ 7.2 Fulham v Liverpool Liverpool 1-0 @ 7
2/3 is a hell of a lot better...! :clap

Re: Correct Score System

2/3 is a hell of a lot better...! :clap
Cheers mate. 4/6 tonight too so I've gone from 0/10 to 6/21 in a weekend. No way that sort of success will keep up but nice to be ahead at this early stage. Bets: 21 Wins: 6 Staked: 21 Returned: 42.2 (pre-commission) Profit: 21.2 (pre-commission)

Re: Correct Score System Hi Sunny. That's definitely a viable option and makes some good sense. My only concern though is that picking a clean sheet game then becomes even more vital, which could alter my analysis of games and willingness to include certain matches. At present a game that I might consider a borderline clean sheet bet still gets included as a correct score bet because of the extra value attached. Certainly something I'm keeping an eye on but I'm quite aware of it's potential to affect my mentality when betting.

Re: Correct Score System PSV v Utrecht PSV 2-0 @ 6 Villareal v Malaga Villareal 2-0 @ 12.5 Twente v Roda Twente 2-0 @ 6 Barcelona v Recreativo Barcelona 2-0 @ 6.6 Sporting Lisbon v Naval Sporting Lisbon 2-0 @ 5.5 Genoa v Juventus Juventus 1-0 @ 7.5 That should be it for the day. A few shorter odds selections than what's available due to funding problems on Betfair