Folding Quads

stodin

Be gentle with me, this is the 1st thread I have started here and I am fairly new to cash games (i have dabbled but given up) I usually play STTs and MTTs hence the micro stakes cash games I am playing. I didnt fold Quads but this hand made me think is it ever right to fold them? This opponent had been limping with big hands on a fairly regular basis and the all-in on the K river had me a bit worried. As you can see, I got payed but how badly did I play this hand? PokerStars Game #26058512810: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) Table 'Fomalhaut' 6-max Seat #5 is the button Seat 1: poolphish ($4.94 in chips) Seat 2: stodin ($4.12 in chips) Seat 5: jagafla ($1.84 in chips) Seat 6: Aver'yanov ($2.62 in chips) Aver'yanov: posts small blind $0.01 poolphish: posts big blind $0.02 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to stodin [3d 3c] stodin: calls $0.02 jagafla: calls $0.02 Aver'yanov: calls $0.01 poolphish: checks *** FLOP *** [Qc 3s Kh] Aver'yanov: bets $0.02 poolphish: folds stodin: raises $0.04 to $0.06 jagafla: folds Aver'yanov: calls $0.04 *** TURN *** [Qc 3s Kh] [3h] Aver'yanov: checks stodin: checks *** RIVER *** [Qc 3s Kh 3h] [Kc] Aver'yanov: bets $2.54 and is all-in stodin: calls $2.54 *** SHOW DOWN *** Aver'yanov: shows [Kd Tc] (a full house, Kings full of Threes) stodin: shows [3d 3c] (four of a kind, Threes) stodin collected $5.03 from pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $5.28 | Rake $0.25 Board [Qc 3s Kh 3h Kc] Seat 1: poolphish (big blind) folded on the Flop Seat 2: stodin showed [3d 3c] and won ($5.03) with four of a kind, Threes Seat 5: jagafla (button) folded on the Flop Seat 6: Aver'yanov (small blind) showed [Kd Tc] and lost with a full house, Kings full of Threes

Re: Folding Quads OK I will be gentle with you...... you played it absolutely fine. Maybe you could raise pre flop to define your opponents hand. When you have a set with no flush draw out there, I would have also played it fairly slow, with a small raise. After that it is just a case of keeping your customer. Check the turn, and the dream action on the river. He can't put you on quads so he goes all in.:ok

Re: Folding Quads Lol, never fold quads! You got paid in this hand, but you got lucky that the King came on the river. Although you should often slowplay quads, the 3 apparently changed nothing in your opponents eyes on the turn, you should have bet out again to try to build the pot.