Indian Wells,12-22 March

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March Well you are so smart Datapunter but you're quite an unserious punter to so I don't know why you are here if you're not interested in winning a lot of money because you don't win crap on Robredo 1.32 or any other of your smart bets. Richard Gasquet - Michael Llodra Bet: Llodra 3.00 bet365 Reason: Why is Gasquet 1.36? He faces his countryman Llodra who been great so far in his tournaments. He got to the round of 16 in Rotterdam on hard and final in Marseille on hard and lost to Tsonga. Gasquet was good in australian open but he's not any player I would bet on against Llodra who been great.

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March Llodra@ 3.0 Agree with Red Impact with the punt on Llodra, if he was able to break Lopez's serve three times he should do well against the garbage that has been coming off Gasquet's racquet. Nieminen@ 3.5 Nieminen always a tough player to play against as he tends to get a lot of balls back. If Blake begins to miss shots with his aggresive style Nieminen could definitely win this match. Blake showed poor form losing to Wawrinka in Davis Cup, who is poor on hard courts and he was also pushed by Chiudinelli. Nieminen worth a go here. And I really dont understand the point of throwing out garbage 1.03 picks. My 9 year old sister could show better punting ability then these morons.

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March First of all, absolutely everybody is welcome to join in in these tennis threads at any time. And there's a first time for everyone. Second, apart from posting all details of a bet and no after eventing there is no limitation/condition/criteria for what bets to post whatsoever. Favourites, underdogs, statistics, being a fan, whatever. As long as you post your actual reasoning it's all good. People are perfectly capable of deciding for themselves if they want to follow a bet or not. Red_impact, nobody is telling you how to bet, has it ever occured to you that there might be people with a different approach, strategy or even intention and having a different strategy or intention does not mean it is not just as valid as yours. If you want to present a different opinion on a bet posted by someone else fine, give your own reasoning, but show respect for the person, you'll last a lot longer.

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March Andreas Seppi - Stanislas Wawrinka Bet: Seppi 2.50 bet365 Reason: I understand why Seppi is underdog here and it's simply because Wawrinka is ranked higher. Sometimes oddsmakers just set the odds after the ranking and don't think about surface or what both players are good at. Wawrinka is not great on hard but Seppi who knocked out Acasuso who is a claycourter are in shape for this masters because this is what he's been training for. Seppi has competed exclusively on hard court events this year. He wants to go far when playing on hard. The Italian’s forehand and return of serve should do some damage. Edit: Seppi 2.81 Betsson

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March

First of all, absolutely everybody is welcome to join in in these tennis threads at any time. And there's a first time for everyone. Second, apart from posting all details of a bet and no after eventing there is no limitation/condition/criteria for what bets to post whatsoever. Favourites, underdogs, statistics, being a fan, whatever. As long as you post your actual reasoning it's all good. People are perfectly capable of deciding for themselves if they want to follow a bet or not. Red_impact, nobody is telling you how to bet, has it ever occured to you that there might be people with a different approach, strategy or even intention and having a different strategy or intention does not mean it is not just as valid as yours. If you want to present a different opinion on a bet posted by someone else fine, give your own reasoning, but show respect for the person, you'll last a lot longer.
:ok

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March Gael Monfils - John Isner Bet: Monfils 1.22 bet365 Reason: Hard to call this one but I see a lot better player in Gael Monfils and I don't know but I have a feeling he will win this easily. David Ferrer - Todd Widom Bet: Ferrer 1.071 bet365 Reason: Ferrer is in good form and have played outstanding on hard so far but lost to Djoker in Dubai final but after defeated Djoker on clay in DC. Ferrer should be to mutch for Widom. I can see Ferrer easily winning this to reach round 3. Ryan Sweeting - Juan Martin Del Potro Bet: Del Potro 1.071 bet365 Reason: Del Potro is a mutch better player then Sweeting atm and should easily win to reach round 3. Novak Djokovic - Martin Vassallo-Arguello Bet: Djokovic 1.01 bet365 Reason: Djokovic won Australian open last year and that is played on hard and this is also played on hard and Djokovic won the last tournament he played on hard in Dubai a few weeks ago. He should easily win this since Vassallo-Arguello is a clay player even if he overcame qualifier De Voest who is mostly playing on hard.

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March Seeds dropping like flies on the women's side. Unbelieveable. Need to think about one or two dog possibilities later but I'll try a fave. :hope Vaidisova 2-0 @ 2.00 on sportingbet. Excellent chance of a straight set win for Nicole here imo. After renewing her partnership with her stepdad, she's had two emphatic wins against competent opposition and her confidence is definitely back. Dunno how Craybas managed to beat Garrigues after trailing 5-1 in the 1st set but she was appalling when I saw her get thrashed by Pennetta in Monterrey. She does have some home advantage here, however her previous match lasted 2.5 hours and even with a day's rest, the 34 year old's fitness has to be an issue. Stats for Vaidisova v Bondarenko. 10qma6v.jpg

Gael Monfils - John Isner Bet: Monfils 1.22 bet365 Reason: Hard to call this one but I see a lot better player in Gael Monfils and I don't know but I have a feeling he will win this easily. David Ferrer - Todd Widom Bet: Ferrer 1.071 bet365 Reason: Ferrer is in good form and have played outstanding on hard so far but lost to Djoker in Dubai final but after defeated Djoker on clay in DC. Ferrer should be to mutch for Widom. I can see Ferrer easily winning this to reach round 3. Ryan Sweeting - Juan Martin Del Potro Bet: Del Potro 1.071 bet365 Reason: Del Potro is a mutch better player then Sweeting atm and should easily win to reach round 3. Novak Djokovic - Martin Vassallo-Arguello Bet: Djokovic 1.01 bet365 Reason: Djokovic won Australian open last year and that is played on hard and this is also played on hard and Djokovic won the last tournament he played on hard in Dubai a few weeks ago. He should easily win this since Vassallo-Arguello is a clay player even if he overcame qualifier De Voest who is mostly playing on hard.
:clap:clap I like your writings and tips red_impact, but your actions are a bit childish. I hope you keep up doing a great job in here just don't act like you're the one who found out the hot water please.:ok

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March Sweeting v Del Potro. Sweeting a newcomer, wildcard in fact, on this occasion i think Del Potro really will take this in no time. He's been consistently getting to quarter finals whereas Sweeting got past Odesnik with a 3rd set tie break but also got no less than 12 double faults in that match. 7/10 @ 1.11 Betfair on Del Potro 3/10 @ 1.33 Betfair on Del Potro in 2 sets

Sweeting v Del Potro. Sweeting a newcomer, wildcard in fact, on this occasion i think Del Potro really will take this in no time. He's been consistently getting to quarter finals whereas Sweeting got past Odesnik with a 3rd set tie break but also got no less than 12 double faults in that match. 7/10 @ 1.11 Betfair on Del Potro 3/10 @ 1.33 Betfair on Del Potro in 2 sets
David Ferrer 1.062 bet365 BEST BET!!

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March Took Haas @1.35,as I think he'll win this match very easy(red impact_if you don't like this price,take Haas to win 2-0),maybe in straight sets!I watched Schuettler in his DC match,last week when he lost to Koubek,playing on very low level,was breaked 12 or 13 times on his serve and then (don't know why) he didn't show on the match that was scheduled for the next day.Haas is in good form and has big expectations from IW!This is great chance for him to advance in the next round and I hope that he'll use it! Chakvetadze @1.9 is very valuable bet.Even Peer showed that she has improved her form for this masters I still don't trust her and I think that she's still not capable to win three times in a row considering her recent form and her last match vs. Bartoli that lasted 2 hours.Chakvetadze has impressive 4-1 H2H record with Peer(all matches on hard) and is in solid form lately.I give her something like 70% to win this clash! Safin @1.3 Expext just an easy walk over for the Russian here.ATM he is a class above Massu who is far from good on this surface and had exhausting (230 min.) match two days ago against Schwank and had big luck to win it!I don't see Massu causing some problems to Safin today,but still staying oldfashioned and pleased with this odds for straight win (1.7 for 2:0 :eek). :hope

Andreas Seppi - Stanislas Wawrinka Bet: Seppi 2.50 bet365 Reason: I understand why Seppi is underdog here and it's simply because Wawrinka is ranked higher. Sometimes oddsmakers just set the odds after the ranking and don't think about surface or what both players are good at. Wawrinka is not great on hard but Seppi who knocked out Acasuso who is a claycourter are in shape for this masters because this is what he's been training for. Seppi has competed exclusively on hard court events this year. He wants to go far when playing on hard. The Italian’s forehand and return of serve should do some damage. Edit: Seppi 2.81 Betsson
Seppi has a 2-0 head-to-head against Wawrinka and Seppi has 1-0 in futures, challengers. 2006 Nottingham England Grass R32 Seppi 7-6(7) 4-6 6-4 2006 ATP Masters Series Hamburg Germany Clay R64 Seppi 2-6 7-6(4) 6-1 Futures, challengers 2003 Lugano Switzerland Clay R16 Seppi 6-3 7-5

Chakvetadze @1.9 is very valuable bet.Even Peer showed that she has improved her form for this masters I still don't trust her and I think that she's still not capable to win three times in a row considering her recent form and her last match vs. Bartoli that lasted 2 hours.Chakvetadze has impressive 4-1 H2H record with Peer(all matches on hard) and is in solid form lately.I give her something like 70% to win this clash!
I was going to go for Peer when she was around 2.00 but that's been cut so I might stay out now, depends if my Vaidisova bet wins. Chakvetadze was very poor against Makarova, 14 double faults, and she has been a bit of an unbackable nutter for the last 18 months or so. Good luck with it anyhow.

Gael Monfils - John Isner Bet: Monfils 1.22 bet365 Reason: Hard to call this one but I see a lot better player in Gael Monfils and I don't know but I have a feeling he will win this easily.
:rollin:rollin hahaha.. It was hard to call.. Winner Isner :) the second upset of round 2 is a fact!! (Lapentti was the first)

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March Third upset is a fact :eek Sam Querrey knocked out Stepanek :@ Damn it, why did'nt I bet on that? So what do we do now? This does'nt go very well now! I find it mutch more easier to find good bets in first rounds of most tournaments. There will not be any upsets or good bets to find in the round 2 because all favourites are strong. Nadal, Djokovic, Fed-ex, Ferrer, Tsonga, Roddick, Verdasco so I will wait or just stop betting on this tournament now.

Third upset is a fact :eek Sam Querrey knocked out Stepanek :@ Damn it, why did'nt I bet on that? So what do we do now? This does'nt go very well now! I find it mutch more easier to find good bets in first rounds of most tournaments. There will not be any upsets or good bets to find in the round 2 because all favourites are strong. Nadal, Djokovic, Fed-ex, Ferrer, Tsonga, Roddick, Verdasco so I will wait or just stop betting on this tournament now.
Verdasco is very well priced @1.7 nearly if you think he is the favourite to beat Gasquet...my opinion? no touch, coz i dont want to see my fingers burnt...the french guy is gifted, and the other one coming here with tons of preassure to prove that the aussie open semi final was not something accidentally... no bet here, but the time of this match is suitable to watch.. good luck :ok

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March Querrey @2.1 was impressive against Stepanek!IMO this is a kind of surface that is far more suitable to 'home boy',he is better server than Wawro and already impressed with his return play.Wawrinka last time competed at AO,with exception of DC last week!I believe in another big win for Querrey! Isner @2.15 Another inform 'home boy' that is coming in this match after great win over top 10-Monfils!His 'unbreakable' till now in IW,has very powerful serve-if he serve well this time,he is capable to pass Safin who has showed almost nothing in his last game against Massu. Radwanska @1.4 is 'high' ATM,she did the job very easy two days ago against uprising Wozniak,beating her 6:1 6:4,playing with minimum mistakes,shining on her serve.I think that her old form is finnaly back and that she should have too much for 'out of form' Szavay who by the way still didn't meet real opponent till now in IW,but struggled on 1st serve and had big problems to return the ball. ps. Maybe,men's prices are still avavaliable only in my local!Best of luck:cheers

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March Del Potro - Isner Del Potro is one class above than Isner. Last year Del Potro beat Iser again in USA and again at open hard courts. Del Potro is not playing his best tennis this week but eventough his average performance he is able to beat Isner. Percentages of the first serves will be very important for this match.I expect that long rallies will be won by Del Potro. Del Potro @1.36

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March Radwanska v Pavlyuchenkova_over 21.5 @1.9 I don't trust Radwanska,after what I saw in her previous matches here in Indian Wells.She is more experienced player in this match-up,but her shaky form tells me that this should be one very tough fight vs. young Pavlyuchenkova who played really well till now,has great win over JJ in the 2nd round in straight sets and big future ahead of her.Anastasia may easily make an upset here if she play on the same level as she was playing in her past matches in IW,but I'm taking the most safer bet here @ very good odds,as I think that with newly gained confidence on her side this is promising to be very intresting and very tough match!

Re: Indian Wells,12-22 March Novak Djokovic - Andy Roddick Bet: Roddick 2.18, over 23.5 games 1.85 Betsson Reason: Well give me a reason why not to back Roddick here? And give me a reason not to think it's going over 23 games when this should be a tight match. Djoker have to serve well and return well in this match because breaking Roddick won't be easy. If Djoker displays the same type of play as he did against Wawrinka he should be in for a hard time here. Roddick with good form is not anything I want to go against especially not when he's playing in the US in a masters.

Novak Djokovic - Andy Roddick Bet: Roddick 2.18, over 23.5 games 1.85 Betsson Reason: Well give me a reason why not to back Roddick here? And give me a reason not to think it's going over 23 games when this should be a tight match. Djoker have to serve well and return well in this match because breaking Roddick won't be easy. If Djoker displays the same type of play as he did against Wawrinka he should be in for a hard time here. Roddick with good form is not anything I want to go against especially not when he's playing in the US in a masters.
I too think Roddick has a real chance here. I've never been a big fan of backing Djokovic- he is just far too unpredictable for one of the big 4. Roddick has been playing well all week, and with the hard surface, could potentialy serve Djokovic out the game.