Snooker: World Championships - Final Qualifying Round 10-12 March

The 16 qualifying matches for the World Championship take place in Sheffield from Sunday-Tuesday.

Sunday 8 March 2009Player 1 Player 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Bingham, S v McManus, A (10:00GMT) 1.532.76101.45 % Details »
Hide « Bingham, S v McManus, A
Bond, N v Dunn, M (10:00GMT) 1.802.25100.00 % Details »
Hide « Bond, N v Dunn, M
Cope, J v Davies, P (10:00GMT) 1.304.10101.31 % Details »
Hide « Cope, J v Davies, P
Dale, D v Holt, M (10:00GMT) 2.101.85101.67 % Details »
Hide « Dale, D v Holt, M
Gould, M v Stevens, M (10:00GMT) 3.101.44101.49 % Details »
Hide « Gould, M v Stevens, M
Higginson, A v Judge, M (10:00GMT) 2.201.80101.01 % Details »
Hide « Higginson, A v Judge, M
Monday 9 March 2009Player 1 Player 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Burnett, J v O'Brien, F (10:00GMT) 2.371.66102.11 % Details »
Hide « Burnett, J v O'Brien, F
Ford, T v Williams, M (10:00GMT) 3.501.36101.90 % Details »
Hide « Ford, T v Williams, M
Hamilton, A v Walden, R (10:00GMT) 2.261.72102.14 % Details »
Hide « Hamilton, A v Walden, R
Harold, D v Wenbo, L (10:00GMT) 2.201.72103.35 % Details »
Hide « Harold, D v Wenbo, L
Lee, S v Trump, J (10:00GMT) 2.251.72102.34 % Details »
Hide « Lee, S v Trump, J
Tuesday 10 March 2009Player 1 Player 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Couch, M v Swail, J (10:00GMT) 3.501.40100.00 % Details »
Hide « Couch, M v Swail, J
Davis, S v Spick, L (10:00GMT) 1.503.00100.00 % Details »
Hide « Davis, S v Spick, L
Doherty, K v Greene, G (10:00GMT) 1.722.37100.00 % Details »
Hide « Doherty, K v Greene, G
Hawkins, B v Wells, D (10:00GMT) 1.363.40102.75 % Details »
Hide « Hawkins, B v Wells, D
McCulloch, I v McLeod, R (10:00GMT) 1.612.50101.90 % Details »
Hide « McCulloch, I v McLeod, R

Re: Snooker: World Championships - Final Qualifying Round 10-12 March I'll take 2 for Sunday. 5pts M.Holt to beat D.Dale 17/20 Sportingbet Michael Holt came through a tough, very high quality match against Mark Davis in the last round and he should be full of confidence to beat a Dominic Dale who has struggled all season really. Dale, by his own admission, has failed to balance matches with practice since he moved to Vienna before the season started. Michael Holt has played fairly well in these qualifiers all season. He's hit 10 centuries in all this season so he's been scoring well. Last year I'd have fancied the Welshman but Holt has upped his game and I think he'll make it through to the showpiece by winning this one. 3pts M.Gould to beat M.Stevens 21/10 Boylesports Martin Gould has hit the scene with a bang this season. He's made it through to the main stages of a couple of events and in the recent Welsh Open, he capitalised on that by beating the great Stephen Hendry before losing to eventual runner-up Joe Swail. Matthew Stevens has had a better season, the highlight of which was his run to the final of the Bahrain Championship and he'll probably score the better of these two. Both players have a winning frame record over the season so they should both be fairly confident but the pressure is right on Stevens here, especially with him having to win to have a chance of making the top 16 next season. Gould came through a couple of matches in earlier rounds of this and I think he's a decent value bet to see off the Welshman.

Re: Snooker: World Championships - Final Qualifying Round 10-12 March One for tuesday. Greene used to play in my local club from time to time. G.Greene to beat K.Doherty @ 11/8 Ladbrokes Gonna go for a little upset here with Greene to take out Doherty, ranked 33 in the world Greene is a decent player on his day, he played very well at the start of last season reaching the semi's of the Grand Prix in Aberdeen and then reached the quaters of the N.Ireland Trophy, which on the way he defeated Doherty. He had a chance of reaching the top sixteen but his form dipped after that, I think he has a lot of ability and he showed that last year, I'll chance him at the prices.

Re: Snooker: World Championships - Final Qualifying Round 10-12 March Cheers guys :ok. Ok, Monday. I think you can make a case for all 5 outsiders really but I'll stick to just 3. 4pts D.Harold to beat L.Wenbo 6/5 Boylesports Dave Harold has had such a good season this year that he's in with a very real chance of him reclaiming his top 16 spot. In order to do that though, he has to win this game. That's far from impossible however against the talented but erratic Liang. Liang had an excellent run in this tournament last year but he is still not really going anywhere in terms of the rankings. Earlier in the season, Dave Harold made the final of the NI Trophy which was a very good effort. We know what we're going to get with him. He's dogged, dour but extremely solid and I think he'll see off the youngster from China. 4pts J.Burnett to beat F.O'Brien 11/8 Sportingbet Despite his controversy this season, Jamie Burnett has actually played quite well. His scoring has been pretty deceptive too. He's knocked in 8 tons and plenty of half centuries this season, comfortably outscoring the Ulsterman who has had a relatively poor season. Burnett was embroiled in lots of controversy in his defeat to Maguire at the UK but he has put that behind him and regularly made the final stages of events. He came through a tight match with Simon Bedford in the last round so he should be full of confidence and I think he can progress to the Crucible with a win here. 3pts T.Ford to beat M.Williams 5/2 Totesport Tom Ford is a very capable player as he showed in a few tournaments last year. One thing he is, is a very heavy scorer and he comes into this match under little pressure really. The pressure is all on Mark Williams. He is in a position to reclaim his top 16 place but has to win here in order to do so but despite looking like coming back to his best earlier in the season he's gone pear shaped again. He lost to Dave Gilbert in the qualifying round at the Welsh Open and although he qualified for the China Open he only did so with a tight 5-4 win over the relatively unknown James McBain. Tom Ford has come through a round of qualifying playing fairly well and his scoring could be the difference here. He's hit 12 centuries this season to Williams' 2 and if the Welshman lets Ford get away he may not catch him. Given his heavy scoring I think Tom Ford is a good value bet at 5/2.

Re: Snooker: World Championships - Final Qualifying Round 10-12 March Jamie Burnett won all 7 frames played in the 2nd session to rescue a bad day after the other two got thumped. 2 for me on Tuesday. I've missed the value on Greene but still got to take him. 4pts G.Greene to beat K.Doherty 23/20 Boylesports Gerard Greene has an excellent record over Ken Doherty and should come into this match with a bit of confidence behind him after a good win over Liu Song in the last round. Ken Doherty's had an awful season. He's down in the 50's in the one year rankings which is almost unbelievable really. He can't seem to get anything going and it's hard to see how he's suddenly going to turn his game around to win this one. In his last match Doherty lost 5-0 to Judd Trump in the China Open qualifying and his confidence must be rock bottom. Gerard Greene hasn't had a brilliant season by any means but the talent is there, as his is record over Doherty so I'll take a Northern Ireland win in the battle of the Irishmen. 3pts R.McLeod to beat I.McCulloch 6/4 Stan James Rory McLeod has been a very talented snooker player for a very long time but whenever he's got to a main event he's tended to shit a brick and look awful. That all changed when he gave O'Sullivan a run for his money in the UK Championship in December when he knocked in 3 centuries and looked very good. That form line has to give us faith here. Ian McCulloch is a player I respect highly and always try to keep on my side. He's a massively heavy scorer and a very solid player. I see this one being pretty close but it could be that McLeod is suited by these longer matches and buoyed by his win over Andy Hicks in the last round I'll take McLeod to edge a tight one here.

Re: Snooker: World Championships - Final Qualifying Round 10-12 March Both these won to make it a good 3 days in all. +18.15 for the few days which is nice. Looks a good 1st round draw so very much looking forward to the main event itself now.