Ludlow 26/02/2009

NMc106

Good luck guys :ok

14-50 Ludlow - Raysrock:

Supreme Duke and Berings Express have met each other once before, the latter getting the better of his opponents that time by 6L. Supreme Duke could well reverse the form here though as Berings Express didn’t look the best lto when pulled up and is tried with cheek pieces here so could be best leaving him alone.

My selection though will be Raysrock who was very progressive over hurdles last season and was expected to do well over fences this season but so far he hasn’t shown much from his 3 starts. He is potentially a very good chaser but I think he needs a win in him before he can really show it and I feel he could get it here today. The good ground will help his jumping and could be the difference with all 3 of his runs coming on softer ground than we have here. Finished 3rd lto in handicap debut but he found it hard conceding weight to all his rivals and back to a non-handicap could also see him in better light. Potentially a big run in him at good odds at hopefully around 9/1. Back Raysrock TO WIN @ 10/1 {PADDY POWER}

Re: Ludlow 26/02/2009 15-20 Ludlow - Rothres

Balthazar King made his handicap debut lto and didn’t run too well in 3rd but the conditions were terrible and he can be excused that and has a chance to make amends here in better conditions. His run before that was quite pleasing finishing a close 3rd. Good chance here but may find 1 or 2 too good again.

Patsy Finnegan is 4lbs in here after winning well 8 days ago and is turned out again under a 7lbs penalty so certainly has a chance. I don’t really like horses getting turned out again quickly as the amount of times where they run poorly is quite high so based on that I shall overlook him here but if he does run up to standard he should go close.

My selection though will be outsider Rothres who showed a lot of promise and that he was going in the right direction lto. Makes his handicap debut here and seems to be of a potentially good mark after beating 115 rated Wistow by 1L and only got beat 2L by the winner who was rated 118 at the time, so for him to go off at 105 looks promising. Further improvement might well come as he has only had 3 runs this season and the better ground could also see him better. Decent chance at good odds. Back Rothres EACH-WAY @ 14/1 {Bet365}

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.