NRL Season 2009 - Antepost Bets

Will be having a few of these if things go to plan but a cracking one to open up with. Melbourne Storm's Leading Try-Scorer for Regular Season 2009: Joseph Tomane @ 34 Centrebet Slater and Inglis are favourites and are over-rated in terms of their prices in respect to this market. Both will play Origin, whilst Inglis will play at five-eight. In terms of form Slater was superb last year yet only scored 9 tries for the season. Now onto Tomane, who is rated as the new Folau. With both Folau and Geyer leaving from last year's team there should be a first grade spot up for grabs, not to mention Chambers is already leaving next season and so should be below Tomane in the pecking order. Tomane is hugely talented and this was on show when he scored his debut try against the Eels last year. Given his build I suspect that Cronk and Smith might continue their attacking bombs, only with the focus on kicking for Tomane instead of Folau. A combination of Slater and Inglis being over-rated coupled with Tomane's first grade prospects and ability under-rated makes this a first class bet.

Re: NRL Season 2009 - Antepost Bets Been having a luck at the NRL markets and one bet that sticks out for me is Manly to be top N.S.W Side over the regular season @11/10. Looking what they are up against the dangers are probably going to come from the roosters and the dragons. Cant b having Cronulla this year, i feel the loss of Greg Bird could be massive for them and dont think they have the strength in depth should they get injuries. The Roosters have become the Under achievers of recent seasons and although they showed Glimpses last season i still cannot see them getting over Manly The Dragons will be interesting this year under Wayne Bennett, They have made some good signings and if there halves can click they should make the top 4. Bringing me onto Manly, They have lost a couple of Experienced players in Steve Bell and The Beaver and a couple of players from the pack in Luke Williamson and Mark Bryant. They havnt brought in any household names but look out for Chris Bailey who should go well and Shane Rodney will offset the loss of Bryant with plenty of go forward. Just one last mention for a player to look out fot this year in William Hopoate, (son of John) May not get much game time but expecting big things from him. All in all think Manly are maybe even stronger than last season and like the look of 11/10

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.