Rugby Union Super 14 Week 2

Friday 20 February 2009Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Hurricanes v Highlanders (06:35GMT) 1.2832.004.50103.13 % Details »
Hide « Hurricanes v Highlanders
NSW Waratahs v Chiefs (08:40GMT) 1.4044.003.50102.27 % Details »
Hide « NSW Waratahs v Chiefs
Force v Cheetahs (10:45GMT) 1.2530.005.00103.33 % Details »
Hide « Force v Cheetahs
Stormers v Queensland Reds (17:10GMT) 1.2046.006.20101.64 % Details »
Hide « Stormers v Queensland Reds
Saturday 21 February 2009Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged.>BPP
Brumbies v Crusaders (08:40GMT) 1.9030.002.10103.33 % Details »
Hide « Brumbies v Crusaders
Bulls v Blues (15:00GMT) 1.5332.003.00101.82 % Details »
Hide « Bulls v Blues
Sharks v Lions (17:10GMT) 1.1238.008.00104.02 % Details »

Re: Rugby Union Super 14 Week 2 Taken Brumbies @1.91 Crusaders missing McCaw, McDonald and Brad Thorn... (Carter, Williams, Hamiton, Somerville, Thorne and Deans all missing from last season) Brumbies: Mark Gerrard, Clyde Rathbone, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Stirling Mortlock, Francis Fainifo, Christian Lealiifano, Patrick Phibbs, Stephen Hoiles ©, George Smith, Julian Salvi, Mark Chisholm, Ben Hand, Guy Shepherdson, Stephen Moore, Nic Henderson. Crusaders Stephen Brett, Jared Payne, Casey Laulala, Tim Bateman, Kade Poki, Colin Slade, Andy Ellis, Thomas Waldrom, George Whitelock, Kieran Read (capt), Ross Filipo, Isaac Ross, Ben Franks, Corey Flynn, Wyatt Crockett

Re: Rugby Union Super 14 Week 2 Weeks 2 Predictions Last weeks results:4/7 Hurricanes- even though on paper the Hurricanes are a better side the unpredictability of the once again newlook young highlanders could be a factor...I notice that Bet 365 have the highlanders with the hanidcap +9.0 pts @ $2.00 which is a very tempting bet...The Hurricanes have there captain and all black So'oíalo out and have dropped all black Nonu to the bench which is just bizarre...so i think the hurricanes will win in a close one...i think under a 7pt margin. Warratahs- will be too strong for the hapless Chiefs I feel the tahs will dominate upfront with exoeriance and the absence of lauaki with injury. Force- i expect the force to get there first win of the season against the the cheetahs who are predominately one of the weaker sth african teams. Stormers-came close last week agaisnt the sharks and expect them to get there first win of the season against the young reds team Brumbies - as stated by xxdaxxbombxx the crusaders are missing so many players that they had from the championship team of last year and i feel the Brumbies will be too strong across the park in all areas and the major blow for the crusaders is the loss of McCaw with his presence and leadership on the field. Bulls -Bulls to win comfortably at home against an understrength Blues team who still have injury clouds over Mealamu there captain, they are missing a few all blacks for this clash who are either absent due to the birth of there child or injuried...i feel they will be too inexperianced in the forwards with the eception of Blackie and Collins to take this one and they never perform that well while away in Sth Africa. Sharks -easy home game for them against the Lions.

Re: Rugby Union Super 14 Week 2 Some team news that adds extra weight to the Warratahs.

While the Blues battle with fatherhood commitments, the Chiefs problems are more familiar. Injuries are a bugbear Chiefs coach Ian Foster has been well acquainted with during his tenure, though even he was surprised by the circumstances surrounding All Black fullback Mils Muliaina's withdrawal from tonight's clash with the Waratahs in Sydney. Muliaina was all set to lead the side in what already amounts to a must-win encounter for the notoriously slow starters, then he bent to pick up a piece of paper during the Chiefs' video session and put his back out. The Chiefs' quest to quell a buoyant Waratahs side has also been compromised by more conventional means - Sione Lauaki's tweaked hamstring preventing the marauding ball runner from lining up against New South Wales equivalent Wycliff Palu at the Sydney Football Stadium. Foster still has the luxury of fielding seven All Blacks, including an impressively rehabilitated Brendon Leonard at the scrumbase and No 10 Stephen Donald

Re: Rugby Union Super 14 Week 2

it really must have been a heavy peice of paper :unsure
It sure was bro :lol 5/7 from me last week. Looks a fairly routine week, Brumbies vs Crusaders looks the hardest pick, but I'm going with the home team, based on injury news. In fact I'm going for homes wins for everyone except the Bulls, I'm picking an upset away win for the Blues

Re: Rugby Union Super 14 Week 2 Hurricanes win by 13+ margin Hurricanes were a bit unlucky to lose out to the Waratahs last week and with the possible inclusion of Weepu, they should get a bit more direction even though So'oiala is out but the Highlanders have lost their organiser Cowan, which the Hurricanes backs shoudl take advantage. There is quite a bit of speed in their backline with Jane and Gear ready to let loose in the open field. Don't believe the Highlanders have much this year and they could be on the end of a hiding here if the Hurricanes click Waratahs win by 13+ margin The Waratahs showed great deensive abilities last week in beating the Hurrcianes on the road and now back at home wil look to carry on with that good win. They also showed some flair in the backline and it seems that they may actually start to use the talent they have back there more regularly, which will make them an even more daunting side to beat. While the Chief were far from disgraced in just missing out on beating the Crusaders, such a tough game will take some of their energy out of this game considering they are facing another team that hits hard in defence. They also lose Muliaina and Lauaki for this game which is two big losses for them. In the latter stages of the game, the Chiefs fell away when they were needed most so look to the Waratahs players, especially the backs, to carve out some openings in the back end of the game to run away with a win here. Cheetahs +10 Both teams come into this game a bit unlucky in losing their first game but at the same time, they had their cahcnes to win it. The Force have a poor home reord while the Cheetahs have a por away record so their is no edge here. Both teams have some decent players, and look to the Cheetahs to keep this close, as even though it appears a toss of the coin decision, take the points start with confidence. Stormers -13.5 Stormers had the chance to record a good win over the Sharks last week but allowed them back into the game. They have a team with class all over the place, including the bench, so look to them to give it the Reds who play the second leg of their South African tour. The Reds will always play with alot of heart but they simply don't have the players to match it with the Stormers who shouldn't allow a team to get back in the game like they did last week. They should win this comfortably

Re: Rugby Union Super 14 Week 2 bets for the next one Force -6pts @ $1.44 and Force win @ $1.20 and am also tempted with Force to win by 13+ @ $1.95 but unsure whether i will take it at this stage...this one should really be a one sided affair in favour of the force