PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please

morlspin

Hi Guys After the success of the last PLWSOP at DTD in September 2008, I am looking to get the next PLWSOP set up as early as possible so that we can run satellites well in advance. SO....... Can I have any ideas regarding the following (copy and put in your answers) Venue Date (month) Events Buy Ins Anything else you want from PLWSOP 2? Many thanks in advance. Morls:ok

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Ill start so u know what im looking for. Venue = DTD Date (month) = Sept Events = NL Hold'em and Limit HORSE Buy Ins = £100 and £50 Anything else you want from PLWSOP 2? = Side games, private room, stt challenge, wii games etc

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Venue = DTD its central but happy with anywhere that can hold 50/60 people Date (month) = Sept good timeEvents = NL Hold'em and Limit HORSE ahem PLO? (jingle jangle) Buy Ins = £100 and £50 fine Anything else you want from PLWSOP 2? = Side games, private room, stt challenge, wii games etc a bit of respect for the paying public will do

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Venue: DTD Date (month) September worked last year Events: NLHE and PLO Buy Ins £50 and £25 Anything else you want from PLWSOP 2? More PL-ers? I personally wouldn't increase the buy-in. At £150 (plus expenses) it becomes quite expensive, and perhaps you would see the numbers fall from last year:unsure, and only the higher rolled players turning up. For me the £75 I spent last year was great value for nearly 12 hours of poker and meeting all of you. Any more and I'm not sure I could justify the expense in this economic climate.

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Venue = DTD Date (month) = Sept/Oct Events = Limit HORSE, Limit Razz, PLO8 although doubtful they will be spread so will have to go with PLHE and Stud 8 instead Buy Ins = £50 & £25 - agree with Steve and Dave for same reasons Anything else you want from PLWSOP 2? = Another T Shirt

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Venue DTD is fine with me Date (month) September or October (selfishly not 12/9, St Leger Day) Events NLHE and er NLHE ;) (guess would play horse at a push) Buy Ins £50 (or £75) HE, £25 pale imitation Anything else you want from PLWSOP 2? more thought required (from me I mean) :ok

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Venue - DTD... excellent last year and I'm sure they'd welcome us back!! Date (month) - September - perfect for me personally Events - Hold'em and PLO Buy Ins - £50 & £25 Anything else you want from PLWSOP 2? - Deffo need more PLers involved this time - was very surprised more weren't interested last time! Sooooo...... Added Value again but maybe a trip to Vegas or a Holiday?? :ok

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please venue=dtd:clap date= sept/oct games=nlhe and either plo or limit horse buyin =again to get more players £50-£25 ideas=celeb/pro bounty( page 3 model would be nice:tongue2),wii sounds like a good idea(house of the dead would work pretty well;))and more side games.

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Venue = DTD (this is the NUTS!!!!!!!!!) Date (month) = Sept Beginning though cause due 2nd baby end of Sept so would help!!! around 7th as its my BDay:tongue2 Events = NL Hold'em and Limit HORSE or PLO Buy Ins = £75 and £50 Ideas = Wii sounds good Bountys etc doesnt really matter im game for it anyway:clap

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Venue - DTD. Never been but sounds fantastic. Date (month) - September sounds fine. Events - NLHE , NLO high low. Buy Ins - £50 £25. Anything else you want from PLWSOP 2? Dont think so :unsure

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Venue - DTD - Central Date - September is good, peoples Summer Breaks are out of the way Events - NLHE, PLO - If its not broke don't fix it, last years worked great. If you wanted a change then I think the HOSE/HORSE variant would be good - though maybe a little off putting for some Buy Ins - £50 £25 - with travel and accomodation its already an expensive weekend for some, no need to put people off with higher buy-ins Anything Else - After the early exits (especially from the NLHE) people got a bit fragmented, would it be possible to just get a Min Stake PL Cash Table up - anyone wanting to play more serious Poker at bigger stakes could join the regular DTD High Stakes Tables

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Venue DTD is fine. Liked it there. Date (month) September is good Events NLHE and PL Omaha Hi/Lo Buy Ins £50 and £25 is pitched just right Anything else you want from PLWSOP 2? No non PLers hitting bloody runner runner and knocking me out!!!. Not that I am still grating about that or anything!!!.... Maybe trying to eliminate the overlap between the games with a fractionally shorter blind structure in the smaller event (not that it affected me, but would be good for all to start the main event on a level playing field). The Wii would be entertaining (if we need to bring one let me know)

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please A few further thoughts: As Spurman stated above, either an earlier start in the first event or a shorter structure. We didn't have our last break on the PLO final table last year, and Brian, Hen, and I missed at least one level of the Hold 'em. Also if we wanted a Limit game first (such as HORSE), the structure would have to alter. also not Sat 26th as I booked tickets to see Michael McIntyre:tongue2

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Just one thing could we please make it early September as i said before we are expecting our second baby on the 26th September which is the due date and would really like to come again to this one:unsure

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Venue = DTD (The best Poker room I've seen, thus far) Date (month) = Any, but September is fine.:tongue2 Events = NL Hold'em, NL Holdem with Bounty, PLO Buy Ins = £50 & £25, any reasonable! Get them sats up so we can start playing. If qualification is by Sat only then perhaps consider a points league table like Betfred Grand prix, sometimes you just can't qualify for these tourneys and other times its a piece of cake. Top 10 points finishers in points league win a seat too? Qualifiers removed from league table? Limited buy in by raffle on the day? for those who can't make the grade through sats? Partner buy in for couples in PL?

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please

Venue: DTD Date (month) September worked last year Events: NLHE and PLO Buy Ins £50 and £25 Anything else you want from PLWSOP 2? More PL-ers? I personally wouldn't increase the buy-in. At £150 (plus expenses) it becomes quite expensive, and perhaps you would see the numbers fall from last year:unsure, and only the higher rolled players turning up.
I agree with all of this. At £25 for a game most have never played live its low enough for it to be worth paying for 'lessons' but enough that it provides a decent prize. Also at £50 for the M.E. I think that again keeps the buy-in 'losable' while at the same time providing a decent prize fund. I've got to say that if the entry was increased, £300 for myself and Sam would be unjustifiable. I can't think of any extra's at the moment. :unsure

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Venue - DTD as it worked just right Date (month) - September is good. Events - NLHE , PLO (or Badugi :tongue2). Buy Ins - £50 and £25 is fair. We might lose few people if higher. Anything else you want from PLWSOP 2? Maybe famous bounty. Oh and me making 2 FTs :ok.

DTD, Sept, £50 & £25, NLHE & PLO (prefer PLO8 myself but wont get as many) Another alternative would be to risk it and go for the 8 game version that Pokerstars play, would need some tinkering with structure but sure would be fun. http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/games/8-game/?utm_id=1
We struggled with the basics of PLO last year:unsure, not sure the 8-game is going to work. Great idea though:ok

Re: PLWSOP 2009 - Ideas and Suggestions Please Anywhere £50 NLHE and £10 Wii Bowling and £5 Cider drinking contest Easy really, sure you will jack something up that everyone can afford, and its plenty of notice, so i will go with the flow (apart from the cider drinking, it has to be included)

Just one thing could we please make it early September as i said before we are expecting our second baby on the 26th September which is the due date and would really like to come again to this one:unsure
its only a few deep breathes and a push mate, she can give birth and then drive up:lol oh...and congratulations mate

Venue = DTD Date (month) = September not the best for me, but seems the favourite, so will do my best to make it. Events = NL Holdem, PLO Buy Ins = £50 & £25
I agree with with Dave's post sept can be difficult but will try to make it. Eyesallin mentioned a league structure for sattelites which is fine but I would prefer one off satelites also as it can be difficult to play all the games of a league.:ok

• 2 weeks later...

Just one thing could we please make it early September as i said before we are expecting our second baby on the 26th September which is the due date and would really like to come again to this one:unsure
We both missed this tourni last year, and listened for weeks about what a good time the boys had at DTD, count us both in. If need be we will bring the expectant mother with us, nothing like starting them early!! there must be a hospital nearby, and Steve may not miss too many hands. Joking aside the earlier in September the better, as we have another grandchild on the way late September, or late October when its all over.