Myrie16's New OH8 Challenge

Spending far too much time playing hold em recently so thought I'd refocus my mind on a proper game :lol Starting balance $100. Playing PL OH8 cash only starting at 0.10/0.25. Each table should be played for a mnimum of 100 hands First target is to reach $500 dollars, at which point I'll step up to 0.25/0.50 - 1000 x BB (or 10 x full buy-ins) is probably a bit of a short roll for these cash games but this is the way Im going ;) Step up the levels every time I have 10 full buy-ins. Will consider it finished when I've busted my roll or playing $5/$10 games .......

Re: Myrie16's New OH8 Challenge So I started before opening the thread and not the best of starts :sad billschallengegames14qd1.jpg In my last challenge, 6 max were my most profitable tables so I started by multi-tabling 4 tables, with $10 on each. Everything was going well until I hit the self destruct button and turned a $50 profit into an uphill struggle :wall Table 1 - hand 97 I donked (yes - that is the best way to put it) off $7 trying to move an idiot off a pot. Should know better :spank Table 2 was pretty steady. Table 3 probably put me in the mood that saw me donking away cash on table 1 ........ was okay (and in profit) until I got quartered on the river in a $50+ pot, followed 2 hands later by taking the bait and calling down the villain all the way when my A-2-3-5 saw a flop of 10-K-A and no flush draw. I deserved the J and Q that came on the turn and river .......... To ensure I get the embarrasment I deserve, below the HH. POKERSTARS GAME #24931914506: OMAHA HI/LO POT LIMIT ($0.10/$0.25) - 2009/02/14 18:58:51 EET [2009/02/14 11:58:51 ET] Table 'Cordelia VII' 6-max Seat #4 is the button Seat 1: Myrie16 ($12.55 in chips) Seat 2: imfamna ($23.60 in chips) Seat 3: Hato316 ($27.15 in chips) Seat 4: asskme69 ($7.60 in chips) Seat 6: zoli72 ($8.05 in chips) zoli72: posts small blind $0.10 Myrie16: posts big blind $0.25 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Myrie16 [As 5c 3d 2c] imfamna: folds Hato316: folds JJStewart joins the table at seat #5 asskme69: raises $0.50 to $0.75 zoli72: folds Myrie16: raises $1.60 to $2.35 asskme69: calls $1.60 *** FLOP *** [Ts Kd Ah] Myrie16: bets $4.60 asskme69: raises $0.65 to $5.25 and is all-in Myrie16: calls $0.65 *** TURN *** [Ts Kd Ah] [Jd] *** RIVER *** [Ts Kd Ah Jd] [Qd] *** SHOW DOWN *** Myrie16: shows [As 5c 3d 2c] (HI: a pair of Aces) asskme69: shows [5h Kh Td 9h] (HI: a straight, Ten to Ace) asskme69 collected $14.55 from pot No low hand qualified If anyone reading this is new to OH8, above is an example of one of the biggest mistakes you can make in this game. It looks so pretty pre-flop, but don't be an idiot like me and think you are going anywhere with it when the low cards do not appear ;) Table 4 - was down $10 pretty early, but turned it round with some patient play ..... then dropped $7 towards the end and sat out before I did any more damage. So, end result, my balance is down to $81.35. Not a disaster but should do better.

Re: Myrie16's New OH8 Challenge Better start to today - all 4 tables gave me a profit :D billschallengegames58xg8.jpg Overall balance - $155.25 As a separate note, I'm using the FPP points I get to play the steps satellites on Stars - 60 FPPs, 100 players. I have 1 x Step 1 ticket so far, as soon as I have 10 I will play them out and see if I can make some progress there as well :tongue2 Will take a while I think (maybe a month or so) to win 10 tickets, but time is one thing I have :ok