Sandown 13th February

Spooner

14:05 - James de Vassy Going to take on Pipe's odds on shot here Torphichen, The horse has done nothing wrong just I do not think he should be a odds-on shot and this horse at 7/2. James de Vassy done nothing wrong on his hurdling debut winning by 3¼ lengths. He beat Princeful who was a winner at Fakenham the run before. The horse was very well backed to win from 7's into 11/4 so they clearly like the horse, i think he'll run Torphichen close here and at the prices id rather be on James de Vassy. @ 7/2 Bet365 14:35 - Supreme Keano Hard to look past McCoy's mount in this, A winner in his last two runs and the form of the last run is quite good, He beat Notabotheronme who ran yesterday at Chepstow in a class 2, Finished 2nd of seven of runners and was only beaten a length. Supreme Keano will handle the ground fine today and is a distance winner, Will be the one they have to beat. @ 5/4 Bet365 15:45 - Ronaldo Des Mottes I put this horse up yesterday on Sports-Punter for the Triumph in March @ 50/1, I think he has a very strong chance. Won well on hurdling debut and the 2nd in the race Silk Affair went onto win NTO and win well. Pipe's horses are in good form and im hoping this horse will win this well and hopefully go to the Triumph, If he does I think he has a very strong chance. @ 13/8 Bet365 16:20 - Suntini I like Emma Lavelle's horse in this one, I was on him LTO at Exeter when he won and I thought he done it quite nicely, That was his first run back for nearly two years and if that was him 'needing the run' he should be allover these today. Stable's in alright form, Two winners in there last five runners, Got to be the each-way bet in the race. @ 15/2 Bet365 (E/W) All bets are BOG

Re: Sandown 13th February 1405 Juvenile Novice Hurdle took some 100/1 e/w about border owl in the opener. backed this gelding for places at big prices when with richard hannon last summer, and looks a game genuine sort, who if took to hurdling could sneak a place. still some 66/1 available with sportingbet:ok i have backed worse 66/1 shots:loon will go off shorter

Re: Sandown 13th February 2.05 Torpichen 17/20 spo 15 pts This one was a fairly nice sort on the flat and also quite unexposed really with just 4 starts but enough to get a mark of 85. Looking at his hurdle debut, he could find a much better future in NH. He won nicely enough on his first hurdle start and got some quotes for the Supreme after the win. Whether he is up to that class time will tell but he made a good impression on his last run and should be looking to build on that today. He has to overcome a penalty today but of the fellow already winners of races over hurdles he appeals most and with the champ on board riding for Pipe he is the selection. 3.45 Ronaldo des Mottes 5/2 spo 15 pts 15 pts Impressed with this one’s first hurdle win. The market spoke very positively beforehand and I always feel that is significant with one of Pipe’s especially with an unknown hurdle newcomer like this one was. He is no longer unknown because he won quite cosily I thought that day. I don’t think it was a great race but the style of his win was good especially if also considered the Pipe’s to that point weren’t in great form. The second who I also took out of the race and I fancy for the handicap later, won easily since to boost the form and whilst its not easy for the 4 year old to take on older horses, I think he has a decent chance of winning again. 4.20 Silk Affair 7/2 var bog 15 PTS A former useful type on the flat this one, 94 rated at one point and she is shaping up to be a fair hurdler who interests me in a handicap for the first time off 110. The likely fav is very much respected under the penalty but Silk Affair has been quietly going the right way over hurdles. Chase home TH fav Starluck on her first start before bumping into a decent one in Ronaldo des Mottes with the pair some way clear of the third. Then she won lto in good fashion proving the extended trip was no problem whatsoever and that bodes well for today. It may not have been a great race lto although the third has won since, however, she appeals today firstly for he useful flat ability which needs to be respected in this field and also for her early hurdle career which may have underestimated here a bit off 110.

Re: Sandown 13th February 2.05 True Blue Saga gets a handy weight from the previous winners in this race & didnt disgrace at kempton behind Starluck over xmas. Doumen horses normally go well on this type of ground & track. 2.35 I have tipped Maletton before on here only for it not to run, ground should be ok today & with the trainer in great form, the 10/1 on offer is worth taking. Off 121 today which is only 2lb higher than last winning mark 2 years ago. If it doesnt go close today, keep it in mind it drops down further to its winning mark. 3.45 Polyfast, Henderson thinks a lot of this one, probably my nap of the day as it looks to go onto better things, 3L 2nd to Song of Songs last season rates highly.

Re: Sandown 13th February The ground will be a major factor today at Sandown especially the severe uphill finish! I am going to play it race by race for each way's at decent prices! The 1st race offers a decent chance of a big priced each way for 3 places with only 8 runners! G L Moore has 2 interesting horses in this and he is adept at getting big priced horses placed, so I have had an each way on both: PSI @34.00 EW Paddypower *** This one would appear to have the better chance of his 2 horses with Jamie booked to ride. Looking at it's 2 runs to date it has performed with credit finishing 5th both times behind 2 horses who are leading contenders at Cheltenham - Zayner & Ronaldo Des Mottes who goes later on today! It is a french bred horse and has appeared to require a stiffer test of stamina staying on well in both it's races. This one I think should be running on past beaten horses up this stiff uphill finish in this bog heavy ground and merits a decent each way at the current odds! Astrodome @41.00 EW Paddypower * Philip Hide is booked for this mount and again it has shown a liking for soft ground when winning over 1m 4f at Hamilton last August in soft ground. If it's fit enough to do it's self justice it could run into a place because the ability to stay here will be paramount and this has shown this already on the flat! :hope

Re: Sandown 13th February

14:05 - James de Vassy Going to take on Pipe's odds on shot here Torphichen, The horse has done nothing wrong just I do not think he should be a odds-on shot and this horse at 7/2. James de Vassy done nothing wrong on his hurdling debut winning by 3¼ lengths. He beat Princeful who was a winner at Fakenham the run before. The horse was very well backed to win from 7's into 11/4 so they clearly like the horse, i think he'll run Torphichen close here and at the prices id rather be on James de Vassy. @ 7/2 Bet365
Nice ride from Daryl Jacob there, was the horse ever put in the race?

Re: Sandown 13th February PSI finishes 4th just out the places :wall

The ground will be a major factor today at Sandown especially the severe uphill finish! I am going to play it race by race for each way's at decent prices! The 1st race offers a decent chance of a big priced each way for 3 places with only 8 runners! G L Moore has 2 interesting horses in this and he is adept at getting big priced horses placed, so I have had an each way on both: PSI @34.00 EW Paddypower *** This one would appear to have the better chance of his 2 horses with Jamie booked to ride. Looking at it's 2 runs to date it has performed with credit finishing 5th both times behind 2 horses who are leading contenders at Cheltenham - Zayner & Ronaldo Des Mottes who goes later on today! It is a french bred horse and has appeared to require a stiffer test of stamina staying on well in both it's races. This one I think should be running on past beaten horses up this stiff uphill finish in this bog heavy ground and merits a decent each way at the current odds! Astrodome @41.00 EW Paddypower * Philip Hide is booked for this mount and again it has shown a liking for soft ground when winning over 1m 4f at Hamilton last August in soft ground. If it's fit enough to do it's self justice it could run into a place because the ability to stay here will be paramount and this has shown this already on the flat! :hope

Re: Sandown 13th February

2.05 Torpichen 17/20 spo 15 pts This one was a fairly nice sort on the flat and also quite unexposed really with just 4 starts but enough to get a mark of 85. Looking at his hurdle debut, he could find a much better future in NH. He won nicely enough on his first hurdle start and got some quotes for the Supreme after the win. Whether he is up to that class time will tell but he made a good impression on his last run and should be looking to build on that today. He has to overcome a penalty today but of the fellow already winners of races over hurdles he appeals most and with the champ on board riding for Pipe he is the selection. 3.45 Ronaldo des Mottes 5/2 spo 15 pts 15 pts Impressed with this one’s first hurdle win. The market spoke very positively beforehand and I always feel that is significant with one of Pipe’s especially with an unknown hurdle newcomer like this one was. He is no longer unknown because he won quite cosily I thought that day. I don’t think it was a great race but the style of his win was good especially if also considered the Pipe’s to that point weren’t in great form. The second who I also took out of the race and I fancy for the handicap later, won easily since to boost the form and whilst its not easy for the 4 year old to take on older horses, I think he has a decent chance of winning again. 4.20 Silk Affair 7/2 var bog 15 PTS A former useful type on the flat this one, 94 rated at one point and she is shaping up to be a fair hurdler who interests me in a handicap for the first time off 110. The likely fav is very much respected under the penalty but Silk Affair has been quietly going the right way over hurdles. Chase home TH fav Starluck on her first start before bumping into a decent one in Ronaldo des Mottes with the pair some way clear of the third. Then she won lto in good fashion proving the extended trip was no problem whatsoever and that bodes well for today. It may not have been a great race lto although the third has won since, however, she appeals today firstly for he useful flat ability which needs to be respected in this field and also for her early hurdle career which may have underestimated here a bit off 110.
:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Woody 3 out of 3 Top class fella:ok