Wolverhampton 13/2/09

fintron

Friday the 13th. Oh Dear. 4.05 Wolverhampton Southandwest - was a recent CD winner and his bid for hat-trick not helped by the fact he was short of room and leant on (10th Jan at Kempton). He was also turned out very quickly, less than 24 hours since his previous win infact, and the previous days win may have knocked a little out of him. Although he was well beaten last time, it was in a higher grade than this and he is proven in this grade. He's 7 lbs above his last winning mark but I think he is a quirky horse that needs to be caught right and if on a going day, could win again. The betting suggests this is a tight race, and I'll go for the outsider, who is proven over course and distance. 8/1 Paddypower.

Re: Wolverhampton 13/2/09 4.40 Wolverhampton I backed Northern Empire a couple of starts ago and thought he had done enough to win the race as he wore down Whiskey Creek. However, Chijmes came home like a train and did both of them over on the line. JP was up that day and although Paul Hanagan takes over, I don't think that is a reason to desert him. He remains well treated on the pick of his form (has won off 8 lb higher) and with three places paid for the place I think he is worth a small EW bet. I'm not sure the tongue strap will make much of a difference, but the trainer is the expert, not me, so we'll see. 6/1 Lads EW.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.