Backing the third favourite

Ok, here goes for system no 2. While looking over the many race cards today (as you do) in an effort for those indicators that we all look for i started thinking about my current laying system in which i rely on three horses to finish ahead of my selection. So i got thinking about the first three horses in the forecast which if all goes to plan should yield the placed horses in theory. But we all know that this isnt the case, however if we were to back one then the third favourite is the best value for money. So this got me thinking, what if i backed the third forecast fav each way since most of the time you do still make money when they place due to the high odds. And the odd winner gives a good return. So i looked at the cards that i had and was very surprised at not only the frequency of places but also the number of winners. so lets give it a go for real. Rules to the 'system' - 1. Third fav in the racing post to be backed e/w at ladbrokes sp 2. There must be at least 8 in race so there are three places 3. If there are joint thirds then back them both 4. If the horse is a non-runner then we go to the forth So here it goes Starting bank £52.03 stakes will be 2% for each complete bet and adopting a ratchet staking plan i.e we never reduce our stake when pot decreases Hope that all makes sense. Post will be around 12ish when all the scratching has taken place fingers crossed:hope

Re: Backing the third favourite So Day 1 lets see what happens: Heres todays selections: 17:35 Red Current 16:30 Snow Dancer 16:30 Samurai Warrior 16:30 Keepsgettingbetter 15:25 One Zero 14:50 Angel Voices 14:50 Tune up the band 14:50 Hart of Gold 14:15 Briery Lane 14:15 Mister Incrediable 13:40 Just Jimmy 17:00 Suharyl star 17:00 Faintfully Hopefull 15:20 Poppy Dean 15:20 Tabulate 14:10 Head to head 16:50 Dourya 15:10 Easter Legend 14:00 Carrickmines 13:30 Pour Changer Current Bank £52.03 (stakes £1.04 total) Good Luck:dude

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.