New Computer

smyther

Re: New Computer I think £900 is a massive budget for what you're looking for and you should be able to find what you need with a lot left over :ok Al has suggested a laptop - if this is just for playing poker, and just for home (i.e. portability will not be used), then I think you should stick to a desktop - in laptops, you pay a premium for miniturisation - pound for pound you'll get more in a desktop. I've just bought a 2nd screen for about £170. It is 24", but that is smaller than my 23" (the 23" is squarer, giving it a larger surface area than the 24"). If I'd seen it, I probably wouldnt have bought it, but having said that it is quite sleek and I do quite like the screen display (next to my 23", I prefer the 24" output). The 23" is 1920x1200. The 24" is 1920x1080. Might not sound like a big difference in resolution, but I would definitely recommend sticking to the 1920x1200 (at least) if you can for similar money - when tiling poker tables, that extra makes a nice difference. If you're not gaming, then you wont need mega graphical processing power - you'll need a little more than the minimum for two screens, but I would think most PCs on the market would be suitable. Suggest you keep your eye on www.hotukdeals.co.uk for some bargains - they're often being posted :ok

Re: New Computer I agree that almost all computers are fast enough to play 20+ poker games simultaneously, but it would be wise to check if the computer has an additional DVI/HDMI connector so you can connect a second screen. I have a standard laptop with a 15.4" screen. But I have connected a 22" widescreen monitor to it. Thinking about switching to a desktop and a second "bigger" screen in the near future. Some disagree, but I quite like dual screen. Play poker AND watch series on your second screen :notworthy