Hawkeye Picks

The driving idea behind this one is to find matches where you think a favourite or marginal(ish) underdog will win against an opponent who has enough class to trouble them. This will then result in me taking my selection to win 2 sets to 1 in 3 set matches and 3 sets to 1 in grand slam matches. In the event that I think a rather big dog will win I will make a play on match odds only, meaning that all odds should be in the $3.50-$5.00 range. System will be for ATP only. Each bet will be for 20pts. Bet I: Verdasco (2.72) vs Tsonga (1.57). Pick: Verdasco 3-1 @ 6.50 Eskander

Re: Hawkeye Picks Cheers chaps. Unfortunately the yield is only going down from here, but hopefully profits will keep increasing. I've been keeping a semi-keen eye on this idea for the last few months and it's looked promising, so hopefully it wasn't just a short term trend. I'm also looking at this for the WTA, but with an altered framework that still needs a bit more work. Bets: 1 Wins: 1 Staked: 20 Returned: 130 Profit: +110 S/R: 100%

Re: Hawkeye Picks Sometimes when analysing the prospects for a 3-1, you develop a feeling that another score would be a stronger bet and that is the case here. Was leaning towards Federer 3-1 (or even 3-2) but after Nadal's epic match last night I feel that Federer may very well take advantage by winning in straight sets. Certainly for me that is where the value is. Bet IV: Roger Federer (1.70) v Rafael Nadal (2.40) Pick: Roger Federer 3-0 @ 6.00 Eskander

Re: Hawkeye Picks

Whilst avoiding the WTA, I never said I'd avoid ATP doubles (though I don't expect to bet very often). Bet V: Bryan/Bryan (1.35) v Bhupathi/Knowles (3.70) Pick: Bryan/Bryan 2-1 @ 4.10 Sportingbet
As this was played out before the Fed final, I've made this Bet 4 and the Fed pick as bet 5. Good to see the Bryan boys taking us in the right direction again. Bets: 4 Wins: 2 Staked: 80 Returned: 212 Profit: +132 S/R: 50%

Good luck CP :hope Regarding the Federer bet, surely if you had a strong feeling for a score other than 3-1 then that match didn't belong in this system? Just a thought
In this particular case, probably. A few days ago I was analysing the merits of Verdasco 3-1 against Stepanek, but decided to take Verdasco 3-0 instead because I had a feeling that Stepanek was rather buggered and that Verdasco was in strong enough form to take him in straight. The Federer match had similar overtones so that probably explains the bet, though given the class of players and the fact that Federer is a mental midget against Nadal, I should have stayed away. In fact, I think Federer is an awful betting subject, except for when he plays Murray on hardcourts in a best of 3 match! In any event, when you get into the groove of analysing a certain kind of bet, you sometimes get a feeling for a result other than what you normally take, because you are so used to considering the pro's and con's of each selection. Ultimately, I'm trying to stay open to that, though perhaps it doesn't belong in the system. Hard to say seeing as any such conclusion is reached as a result of analysis done for this system.

2/2 for the day's late games takes us to 3/4 for the day. If every day could have even half that strike rate, I'd be very happy. Bets: 13 Wins: 5 Staked: 260 Returned: 354 Profit: 194 S/R: 38.5%
Good start and early days yet. Will follow this with interest, as Tennis betting is something that is starting to interest me. :ok

Re: Hawkeye Picks Thanks Rule, and you are particularly right in respect to it being early days. This system could very easily reverse it's direction so am hoping for a solid block of steady, consistent progress without any major swings, which would certainly help my confidence in the system. Anyway enough rambling: Bet XIV: Maric Cilic v Florent Serra Pick: Cilic 2-1 @ 4.10

2/2 for the day's late games takes us to 3/4 for the day. If every day could have even half that strike rate, I'd be very happy. Bets: 13 Wins: 5 Staked: 260 Returned: 354 Profit: 194 S/R: 38.5%
Two typos here - it was actually 3/5, not 3/4. I'd still take a 30% strike rate though! Also, returned amount is 454, not 354. Profit figure was correct though.