An alternative to Neteller please

teaulc

Re: An alternative to Neteller please Moneybookers are my saviors. I have been with them for several years without any problems. Its my only wallet. Every poker site I play on has MB. From poker to MB usually one day. Only webdollar takes up to 3 days. Record is from Blusq in 30 seconds :lol. It takes 3 days to the bank and they charge about £1.60. Thats not a problem though, as I'm winning player :tongue2.

Re: An alternative to Neteller please I've been intending to open a Nationwide current account for years :loon to use exclusively for poker - as I understand it, forex transfers are far cheaper/better value .... however .... expect far more stringent and demanding security checks from poker sites if you use a debit card instead of neteller....

Re: An alternative to Neteller please

Moneybookers are my saviors. I have been with them for several years without any problems. Its my only wallet. Every poker site I play on has MB. From poker to MB usually one day. Only webdollar takes up to 3 days. Record is from Blusq in 30 seconds :lol. It takes 3 days to the bank and they charge about £1.60. Thats not a problem though, as I'm winning player :tongue2.
What are their exchange rates like? I've always imagined they'd be similar to Neteller - but not basing that on anything....

Re: An alternative to Neteller please Moneybookers are my favorite too. They are fast and easy to use once you've set up your account and they are a bit cheaper on exchange and withdraw fees then Neteller. The benefit of Neteller is that it is still the most accepted online wallet. So sometime I have no other choice when they don't accept MB. Also Neteller have a debet card that you can use to pay directly without needing to transfer to your local bankaccount before. Last year I was in USA and I got their debet card and used that to pay for my hotelroom and cash out of the ATM, worked like a charm. To bad you have to pay for additional money for their physical debet card. They also have a free virtual debet card so you can shop online with it. Haven't tried that yet. A creditcard is way more expensive then MB or Neteller, so that is no option for me.

Re: An alternative to Neteller please Exchange Neteller: A foreign exchange fee of 1.9% plus the daily interbank market rate will be applied to all Prepaid Card withdrawals, and a foreign exchange fee of 2.5% plus the daily interbank market rate will be applied to all other withdrawals. These fees only apply to withdrawals that are not in the currency of your NETELLER account. Exchange MB: For transactions involving currency conversion Moneybookers adds 1.75% to our wholesale exchange rates for foreign currency. This charge serves as a protection against the volatility and risk associated with FX markets. The Moneybookers exchange rates are updated on a regular basis throughout the day.

Re: An alternative to Neteller please think you'll find that MB eventually ask for photo id as well.....at least they did with me when i first started using them but that was ages ago. One thing I will say is to be careful if you do any P2P transfers thru MB as I got investigated for money-laundering by them....all i was doing was similar to what the guys on here do thru poker sites ' i need xxx in so-so account, if i give you xxx in xxx can you give me xxx in xxx etc.'. I did it twice over around 3 months or so and then had my account locked whilst they investigated. Thankfully I used Neteller more than MB so it wasnt a problem.

Re: An alternative to Neteller please I've just started to use ClickandBuy on a couple of sites and am impressed so far. I'd never heard of it before, but when I had trouble depositing for TonyG because of the 2 accounts/1 household thing which would not allow me to use my card, I rushed into setting an account up just before the game. It's linked to my current account, so seems to work just like a debit card deposit. I've used it on a couple of sites and depositing is instant. Tried a withdrawal for the first time this week, from Trillion as I didn't have any other method set up there because my deposit was whilst they were with Boss. I suspected I might have problems withdrawing to a credit card so thought I'd give ClickandBuy a go. Requested it Sunday night after the game (might have been early Monday morning) and got a confirmed message on site immediately and an email. Checked Trillion yesterday and it said paid on cashier, but no sign of it in my bank account so went looking on C&B tonight. Turns out I needed to verify my bank account, so it's sitting there as an account credit at the moment, but was credited on Monday. I believe if I'd have got my account verified (my fault it's not) the withdrawal from Trillion would have been in my bank account within 1 day. Looking at the exchange rate, I've lost about £2, but that could easily be a change in the rate since Monday (I can't find anywhere on XE to check historic exchange rates). So as far as I can see, it's free deposits, free withdrawals, plus I should be able to withdraw into C&B and deposit straightaway into another site if necessary. Looking good to me. :ok

Re: An alternative to Neteller please I set up a clickand buy account two weeks ago but still havn't recieved the corformation code which they dais they will deposit into my bank account !! I like the idea of going into a newsagent and paying some cash and it's goes into your account insatly though hopefully will be sorted soon as fed up with neteller cause they charge to much for me to deposit then and extra £5 to withdraw.