** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

How to create a ranking system

Re: How to create a ranking system Following logical steps: 1. Decide your max rating (eg 100) 2. Decide how mutch of this rating every criteria can take (eg form can take 60 -max- of the 100). This is maybe the most important step. 3. Decide for every criteria how will you give the points. (eg for form if the horse in the last 10 races has 8-10 wins gets 100 points (from a max of 100). This is the 60% of your final rating so since it is the max it gets 60 points. etc etc This is the maybe the second most important factor. Thinking of it again the starting point is to find what criteria are important for the ratings,then how mucth important they are and lastly how you create the rating for every criteria. If you decide to continue inform us about your "journey". Your experience will be helpfull for those of us who want to do something similar.

Re: How to create a ranking system Don't see how it can be done. When working out a race each horses chance is made up of different measures of different aspects of the horse. e.g. temperament might be 80% of a horses chance if a squiggle horse (very temperamental). Where as one with a reasonable temperament 5% of it's chance might be temperament. It all depends on the pro's and cons of each horse. I used to allocate points to every aspect but found it impossible. Now I study every horse in the race, work out what percentage chance each horse has of winning. Convert the percentage to odds and back any horse I can get at a bigger price than my 100% book. Ginge