Potential Solution to EEC/ More players for our leagues

happyhornet

Like many of you, I have been very irriated by the ill-judged comments with regards to 'cheating', and I have made my feelings known in the appropriate thread. I am further irritated to see that it has made GaF pull the plug (as far as his involvement goes) in the EEC idea as a result of these accusations after all the hard work he had put in. In a thread Morls put up in Tourneys to encourage more PL-ers to play our leagues, I posted an idea. It then kind of got lost in further posts, but I think it now has greater possibilities as an alternative for the EEC idea. I posted the following: " lot of us can only play 1-3 nights a week because of family or work commitments, and in many cases it may not be the same nights each week. One possibility (not as a replacement for our curent league games) is to have a scheduled daily tournament (eg $1000 guaranteed on Boss at 7.35pm)and each participant in the 'league' has to play one game per week on a day which suits them. We could still use the best 3 from 4 approach for points. It would lose the banter of PL games (which is why it should never replace them), and it would need players to advise in advance which day they intend to play rather than just picking their best performance each week, but it could work, I think:unsure. I don't know whether sites would give us extra funds for a private league within a public tournament, but theoretically if we get 50 of us playing 4 times a month that would be €660 of extra tournament entries they wouldn't have had. Also people who can't give up the same day each week may support it?" Maybe the Mods can advise as to whether it has legs from a possible league perspective, but from the EEC perspective it removes all possible suggestion of collusion. What do people think?

Re: Potential Solution to EEC/ More players for our leagues I like the idea from a practical point of view, as I am definitely in this situation of not being able to commit a month in advance for all the coming Tuesdays, Wednesdays etc... But to convince the sites to go along with it without the "regular" players feeling let down... Fred

Re: Potential Solution to EEC/ More players for our leagues

I am further irritated to see that it has made GaF pull the plug (as far as his involvement goes) in the EEC idea as a result of these accusations after all the hard work he had put in.
Without going on too much, I couldnt agree more :ok Glad you re-posted this idea as I think it's a good one (and I admit, I did forget about it once I'd been through all the posts). Would encourage me to play a particular site once a week and definitely fit my schedule better with the flexibility it offers. Regards selling points to the site; 1) Yes, extra buy-ins to a tourney should appeal to them. 2) Most casual players (like me) will play more than just the target tourney once we have put funds on a site ..... sites can tell easily if individuals are playing more so can see the added benefit of such a deal. 3) They are basically getting additionally focused exposure on PL