Naas 4/1/09

14:15 - Oscar Lyons Stepping back up in trip to 2m 4f which will suit this horse better, His best form has come over 20f, Ran well over hurdles when 2nd to the now impressive chaser Trafford Lad. Oscar Lyons has ran ok over fences in his three runs so far, Although 3rd last time out he was well beating. Should be some improvement to come though from this horse and is my e/w play in the race. 3pts e/w @ 12/1 bet365 bog

Re: Naas 4/1/09 13:15 - Made In Taipan Good price imo, Main danger is Jayo but these two met each other over course & distance a few months ago and Maid In Taipan had Jayo well beaten who could only manage 5th in the race, Jayo has since won over a longer distance, So its interesting that they are running him back over the 2m against Made In Taipan today, Doesn't really make sense to me. I think Made In Taipan has Jayo beaten again today and looks a good bet at evens. @ Evens Bet365 (bog)

Re: Naas 4/1/09 4 favs for me in Ireland :lol 1.15 - Maide In Taipan One of the leading Arkle horses from Ireland. Only has Jayo to beat, and the latter is that price because of the trainer's great form. Beat him easily lto and should beat him again. Evens @ b365 - bog 1.45 - Mikael D'haguenet Beat Pandorama last time and showed great turn of foot. Has a penalty today, but nothing comes close to his class and should win easily. Ruby takes the ride as well. Poor price, but worth a bet after we lost the Plumpton card. 4/11 @ Paddy - bog 2.15 - Merchent Paddy Well fancied at Punchestown on his handicap debut and was being ridden patiently. Same is expected today from Davy Russel and I think the horse will deliver against a field of exposed handicappers. 7/2 @ Paddy, SJ - bog 3.15 - Smack That Yard is in fine form and in this open contest it's worth going for the fav. He finally had a deserved win for his consistency when winning a Navan handicap two weeks ago. Then ran well under a penalty behind Ross Accord at Leopardstown. With just 3lbs more to carry here he has a great chance. 4/1 @ b365, Wills - bog

Re: Naas 4/1/09 Two winners and two 2nds, but Ireland is just not for me. Smack That should have really won. Why have him behind all horses and with so much to do when he's clearly the best handicapped in the race? This happens every time when I have a bet in Ireland. It's so messy.