What is the biggest field you have topped?

BAM

I don't play that many MTT's but when I do I usually prefer as high buy in - low numbers affair. However, I recently have been entering large field games for what I call a 'background game' This has spooked me as a few days ago I won a 300+ runner field and lastnight I topped 683 runners :loon (and made some decent money). I have beat bigger fields 850+ runners when I won a PP GUK freeroll last year (no screen shot but I'm sure there's a thread somewhere). I was just wondering if I am missing my forte? and has anyone beat a similar or larger field? and is this the sort of tourney you regular aim at and can find success at?

Re: What is the biggest field you have topped? That's some going to win 2xmulti hundred events in a couple of days :loon I cant recall ever having won a tourney against a large field :unsure But reckon I must have won some freeroll somewhere against a large field.... Winning against 683 runners will get you in here - PL Achievements - 2009 if you can find a screen shot ;) "First Online MTT wins of 2009 with more than 500 runners"

Re: What is the biggest field you have topped? I came 2nd in a freeroll on will hill last week which had 866 runners... but I have won a freeroll when I first started playing poker which had exactly 1000 runners..... I got $23 for it! :loon.... however I've never been more chuffed about winning a tourney than that one!! I prefer to play in smaller fields too as I think you need to get very very lucky to do anything in bigger field tournaments..... I prefer to play with between 70 - 120 runners! :ok

Re: What is the biggest field you have topped?

mini-me took down a 1476 field to win around $300
:lol:lol:lolconner would beat nearly all of us with that i think:loon my best is about 350 in one of the maxim freerolls. i did win back to back ones tho:loonboth with 250+,think morlspin might remember it:ok won 3 that week:loon:loon:loon although i didnt win i was pretty chuffed to lead the stars 100k for about an hour with 22000 people in,mcg and a few others were railing:ok

Re: What is the biggest field you have topped? Much more modest for me - 1/135 on gnuf for $1,375 (entry $9 + $1), and 1/111 on bodog for $1,215 (entry $30 + $3 - tourney credits from earlier win). Both of these were over 12 months ago :unsure

Re: What is the biggest field you have topped? This thread has made me think hard. Not sure if this is my biggest field win but its my favourite. APAT asian open online season 1,took it down for about $850 in a field of about 200. Oh,and got a gold medal too :D