PL League/Tourny buy in's

gazza

PL League/Tourny buy in's  

1. 1.

This is following on from G's thread in tourny section. A few people lately have been asking about higher buy ins for tourny's leagues etc. I'm going to add a poll as well and if you could vote and say what you would be happy playing at, even if it was for say a 4/8/12 week league. Just vote for the highest buy in you would be happy playing at, we will automatically assume if you say $20 that you are also happy playing at $5 :ok The other point I would ask is also for you lot to throw some idea's at us for sustainging playability, we dont want to start a $20 league after 1 week the numbers drop because people feel they are out of it. cheers :cheers

Re: PL League/Tourny buy in's Would buy in 25+ but it's the added value that's important - I prefer shorter leagues to longer ones but I can see why sites might prefer longer events. what's the general feeling on awarding points all results to count or best 5 results or whatever?

Re: PL League/Tourny buy in's I really don't know what the best system is with regards to league. Take the WSOP one for example at the moment there are perhaps 3 or 4 who are realistically in with a chance but the numbers have been dropping already so during there last couple of weeks it could be down to under 15. If you have all events count you could have a runaway leader who was uncatchable and then everyone will drop out so I really don't know. Whatever system you decide up perhaps if people could pay a league fee up front or something this could compensate for the decrease in numbers which could compensate the site somewhat for the value that they have offered. Sorry guys just rambling:$

Re: PL League/Tourny buy in's Have wanted to put a buy-in chart up for ages, just for general interest, so nice one Gaz. I just feel that the players that want to play higher do anyway and often find there own games to play. Have discussed with a few people a few times now and feel that we just wont get the constant amount of people to play a league or any other format constantly to maintain player Level. As i put the question to Morls regarding another subject he kindly replied with the following stats.

My Stan James one for $5+1 over 13 weeks is getting around 30 runners a week My Paradise one for €10+1 over 4 weeks only got 20 or so runners a week So feel its harder to go to sites if we want added value from games stating that we will probably only get 20 runners blah blah blah. If players are not worried about added value from sites and want to play a higher buy-in regularly then why dont the players decide when, and just set up a private table on one of the microgaming sites and play there ?

Re: PL League/Tourny buy in's The recenet Wayne Mardle league on Stan James was excellent value and a great structure and now the 5 weekly winner splay off for a prize. Perhaps a similar sort of event could be organsied on here and would definitely keep a lot of people interested over a long period.

Re: PL League/Tourny buy in's If you decide to try $25+ leagues it would be cool to have qualifiers for each league game. Qualifiers for people who want to try and get in the cheap way. And the Rich punter can just skip the cheap qualifiers and buy in directly.

Re: PL League/Tourny buy in's

The recenet Wayne Mardle league on Stan James was excellent value and a great structure and now the 5 weekly winner splay off for a prize. Perhaps a similar sort of event could be organsied on here and would definitely keep a lot of people interested over a long period.
And make them available for non-UK players too :ok

How about a buy in league leading to a STT final like we've had before. Much better chance of getting to the final.
Didn't we used to do this in the Poker Kings league? So as to keep the interest up during the month, it might be better to award places in a 10-person STT to the weekly winners and the next top 6 in the league. Saving the bulk of the added value for the STT, rather than final league placings, would also keep things interesting. Or why not run it for 8 weeks and have a 20-person MTT? As for buy-in, I think we'll struggle with a multi-week league for $10 or more, but I do like the idea of a Poker Million style set up for a little bit more of a one-off outlay (up to $25). A set of 6-seat tournaments, with the winner of each one progressing to the next round, and the runner-up qualifying for a repechage for the final.

Didn't we used to do this in the Poker Kings league? So as to keep the interest up during the month, it might be better to award places in a 10-person STT to the weekly winners and the next top 6 in the league. Saving the bulk of the added value for the STT, rather than final league placings, would also keep things interesting.
We had some extra funding from PK to do that a couple of months.:ok

Didn't we used to do this in the Poker Kings league? So as to keep the interest up during the month, it might be better to award places in a 10-person STT to the weekly winners and the next top 6 in the league. Saving the bulk of the added value for the STT, rather than final league placings, would also keep things interesting. Or why not run it for 8 weeks and have a 20-person MTT? As for buy-in, I think we'll struggle with a multi-week league for $10 or more, but I do like the idea of a Poker Million style set up for a little bit more of a one-off outlay (up to $25). A set of 6-seat tournaments, with the winner of each one progressing to the next round, and the runner-up qualifying for a repechage for the final.
On the same theme, perhaps put up a buy-in to a big online tourney as a prize for the winner, and then put into place that X number of places get a %age of the winner in the 'big' tourney?

but I do like the idea of a Poker Million style set up for a little bit more of a one-off outlay (up to $25). A set of 6-seat tournaments' date=' with the winner of each one progressing to the next round, and the runner-up qualifying for a repechage for the final.[/quote'] Like this :ok have something possibly in mind, i'm waiting for a few people to come from there festive break before i can start talking to them again, so can definetely get something sorted for this. Will work on a structure to see what/wont work and see what happens from there :hope

Re: PL League/Tourny buy in's ive ticked up to $10 to be honest if im playing for more id rather sneek off somewhere else with easier competition. my strike rate against PL isnt good enough to warrant the risk of $25 plus per game per week,it soon adds up if your not cashing regular

Re: PL League/Tourny buy in's Some ramblings from a man on his second bottle of Barossa tonight.....:beer Taken into account not everyone can play on the same night and not everyone can afford the higher buy-in events, how about this for a debate starter - A series of $5 shoot outs limited to 36 players each night, 6 tables of 6 play to one winner, 6 winners to final table. Final table payout 1st entry to Grand Final (50%), 2nd 30%, 3rd 20% ($54 / $36) So 36 buyins = $180 with $90 paid out and a $90 entry fee for grand final. Less than 36 entries we could adjust 2nd and 3rd place accordingly. Week 1 can be played on Sunday, Week 2 on Monday, etc etc Play for 6 weeks or 10 weeks to complete the grand final table whereby 50% of all entries would be up for grabs. So for arguments sake ten weeks at $90 a week is $900 to be split 50/30/20. Six weeks would be $540. The advantages of this would be :- Play on a night to suit you Low buyin - high potential payout ($5 in $450 out) Play as many as you like (though obviously not much point playing any more once you have qualified as you would be playing for 2nd place!) Keeps the interest up till the last event. Event times could be staggered ie 3 starting at 6pm / 3 at 8pm / 3 at 10pm and 1 on a Saturday / Sunday afternoon at 4pm etc etc What do you reckon? Good idea / Bad idea? :cheers I will get my coat........