Samba's 2009 Sport Of Kings Thread

Happy New Year to the ATR crew :ok Although mainly sticking to the poker forum since joining last year I have occasionally poked my nose in here, but it has been sporadic at best. For this calendar year, I am going to make more of an effort - and see if I can make a little bit money too. I am going to use this thread to record whatever fancies I have each day, with reasoning (although this is likely to be less in-depth than most of you provide), and see how I do over the year. A little bit about me. I'm not a big bettor, never more than a £ or 2 a go. I had always liked watching the racing on tv with my Dad when living at home, trying to pick the winner, and invariably doing better than him :lol ... My interest really picked up when a 10p Lucky 15 one day of televised racing produced 4 winners and a £400+ return. I had Shahtoush when that won the Oaks, with Silver Patriarch, the last winner from Catterick, and can't remember the other winner. Since then my best achievement has been a reverse forecast on Merchants Friends and Maximise in the 4m'er at Cheltenham quite a few years back. Oh, I got a £400+ Placepot at Aintree quite a while back too - Honey Mount was the last leg :unsure Well, that's it :lol 3 notable successes in 10 years :$ I can't promise you will get rich by following this thread, but it will be light-hearted :ok

Re: Samba's 2009 Sport Of Kings Thread 6.50 Wolverhampton Metal Guru [0.2pt win, 0.8pt place] - I will use Tote dividends throughout this thread. A few front-runners in the opposition here, and the fast pace will suit this one over the 5f trip. Can see this running on strong inside the distance. 8.50 Wolverhampton Keep Icy Calm [0.4pt win, 1.6pt place] A not inexpensive filly who travelled well on her debut before tiring and dropping out the places over 6f. The most likely to expose any chinks in the favourite's armour

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.