A message to the PL XMAS Freeroll players

morlspin

Whats stopping you playing the buy in leagues at pokerkings, stan james etc??? A months buy in is only gonna cost ya: €8.80 (£6) on pokerkings $22 (£12) on stan james So whats stopping players playing? Heres a post i made in the stan james thread today, however its message goes for all the PL Leagues we offer. Im pretty disappointed to be honest in the lack of players were getting for this. 2 weeks ago we got nearly 100 for a freeroll on here and yet these are getting just short of 30 runners at the minute, its $5.50 to play, thats around £3, so come on, if you can take the value off us in freerolls, please support the forum and play some of the buy in games, £3 aint gonna hurt your pockets but its gonna be much appreciated by the mods and the poker sites who give us these promotions, which in turn will help us get more added value in the future. PUNTERSLOUNGE NEEDS YOU!!!!!

Re: A message to the PL XMAS Freeroll players I try and play as many as I can but recently the poker rooms you have these deals with I have issues with. For example that sporting bet wouldn't let me deposit cause mycountry was fixed to norway for some season it took me over 10 emails just to let them understnd the problem that still isn't fixed so I have closed my account with them. Stanjames for some reason won't let me add a new debit card since the old one expired so as far as I'm concerned I'll play elsewhere. Pokerkings again have had some serious issues with there customer service about verifing that I'm over 18. I will play whenever I can as long as it's at a room I have no problems with in the past etc..

Re: A message to the PL XMAS Freeroll players

I try and play as many as I can but recently the poker rooms you have these deals with I have issues with. For example that sporting bet wouldn't let me deposit cause mycountry was fixed to norway for some season it took me over 10 emails just to let them understnd the problem that still isn't fixed so I have closed my account with them. Stanjames for some reason won't let me add a new debit card since the old one expired so as far as I'm concerned I'll play elsewhere. Pokerkings again have had some serious issues with there customer service about verifing that I'm over 18. I will play whenever I can as long as it's at a room I have no problems with in the past etc..
We can help you with these issues if you let us know about them, our contacts should be able to sort it pretty fast. If you want anything sorted or anything changed, just pm me and ill forward it on for you:ok

We can help you with these issues if you let us know about them, our contacts should be able to sort it pretty fast. If you want anything sorted or anything changed, just pm me and ill forward it on for you:ok
Just to echo what G has said, we have contacts that we speak to on an almost daily basis within loads of sites. They would have no issues at all if we spoke to them and said x cant play on your site because of y problem. I can guarentee you that they will do their utmost to get it sorted rather than lose your business to another site. Any problems then feel free to PM any of the poker mods, we would rather send a couple of emails and have more people playing in the leagues. It makes a HUGE difference to be able to approach companies and show we have had 60 odd people playing a league rather than the 30 odd we get now :ok

Re: A message to the PL XMAS Freeroll players With regard to the SJ league, Morls, I guess that unless you had been in since near the start you would be unlikely to enter now and have a chance of winning one of the top three prizes with your top 7 scores counting.:unsure Other than that, I'm totally with you on the fact that we could have more players in our regular leagues:clap.

With regard to the SJ league' date=' Morls, I guess that unless you had been in since near the start you would be unlikely to enter now and have a chance of winning one of the top three prizes with your top 7 scores counting.[/quote'] Exactly :ok ........ In hindsight the wrong format to ensure lasting interest.:sad Pokerkings -on the positive side, nice low buy-in with added value. .... on the negative side, played on the worst Poker Site around (Boss Media) for decent structured tournaments. :eyes Although I may put some funds in and participate Januarys League

Thats the last time I listen to glceud:eyes
Woops:$ Maybe I just didnt want the competition:tongue2 Personal points, I dont play the Pokerkings league as I dont want to commit my self to another poker night for an entire month. Dont Play the virgin added seats as I wouldnt make the festivals any way. Forgot leg 5 of the Stans tourney so there is little point now. Not sure what the best way ahead is but I am losing interest in leagues due to the commitment required. Really dont see any need for completely free, one of freerolls, either have a buyin or involvement in a series of tourneys before hand.

Re: A message to the PL XMAS Freeroll players Bad downswings late November ran all through December too...played very little poker at all so I was missing from a lot of the buy-in events. :$ Things are looking good now though so should be back in full swing from now on. :ok

Re: A message to the PL XMAS Freeroll players I love the various leagues that PL set up for us - the added value is exceptional, the format (best n of n) is great and the cost is fairly cheap. The quality of play is really good training for competing in other tournaments where the players are generally much worse than PL players - IMHO that makes it a good value learning place for new players. Couple that to the fact that the conversation is funny and never nasty (except between players who know each other so well that the odd tongue in cheek insult can be used as a compliment). Sure it can be time consuming, but if you are subscribing to the poker sections of PL then you are probably playing quite a lot and profiting by it - and playing a couple of other tables simultaneously. C'mon in the water all you PL league virgins, the sharks are very friendly and don't bite much :lol. You know it makes sense. :ok :beer

Re: A message to the PL XMAS Freeroll players I do not play that much and therefore a league is not appealing to me. I would rather play "one-off" value added events. Having a family means I can generally only play one evening per week and that's not always the same weekday. But I really enjoy the forums here and try to make a contribution, hope to join in PL exclusive events.

Re: A message to the PL XMAS Freeroll players I have had a thought (it does happen, though rarely:tongue2) of how we could perhaps get more players in some of our buy-in events. A lot of us can only play 1-3 nights a week because of family or work commitments, and in many cases it may not be the same nights each week. One possibility (not as a replacement for our curent league games) is to have a scheduled daily tournament (eg $1000 guaranteed on Boss at 7.35pm)and each participant in the 'league' has to play one game per week on a day which suits them. We could still use the best 3 from 4 approach for points. It would lose the banter of PL games (which is why it should never replace them), and it would need players to advise in advance which day they intend to play rather than just picking their best performance each week, but it could work, I think:unsure. I don't know whether sites would give us extra funds for a private league within a public tournament, but theoretically if we get 50 of us playing 4 times a month that would be €660 of extra tournament entries they wouldn't have had. Also people who can't give up the same day each week may support it?

Re: A message to the PL XMAS Freeroll players I agree with happyhornets comments and that kind of league would suit me as I also have trouble committing to the same night of poker week in week out. I know many pl'rs also do lots of multi-tabling where I generally will only play 1 or 2 tourneys at any given time. The cost of a buy-in never puts me off a tourney but I think it is only natural that one off tourneys will get more players, unfortunately I know most sites prefer to use leagues these days when they offer added value but personally if its more than 4 I just can't commit regardless of the value.

Re: A message to the PL XMAS Freeroll players I'd prefer games with higher buyins. I know that the majority of players are recreational and only have so much money to invest in Poker but I'm sure that there a lot of us that would prefer a league stucture with a min $10 structure. I think it's difficult to get a happy medium but I'm sure a lot of players would rather risk $10 to win more than to risk smaller to win smaller. A few of us have had a few prop bets going but very little interest was generated really so it is difficult to please everyone. I used to play in the Euroleague on PokerKings which is excellent value for 3euro but at the end I thought was it really worth playing every night for what you could win. Where as you can invest those hours playing cash.

I'd prefer games with higher buyins. I know that the majority of players are recreational and only have so much money to invest in Poker but I'm sure that there a lot of us that would prefer a league stucture with a min $10 structure. I think it's difficult to get a happy medium but I'm sure a lot of players would rather risk $10 to win more than to risk smaller to win smaller. A few of us have had a few prop bets going but very little interest was generated really so it is difficult to please everyone. I used to play in the Euroleague on PokerKings which is excellent value for 3euro but at the end I thought was it really worth playing every night for what you could win. Where as you can invest those hours playing cash.
Cheers SteveO, its something that has been discusses before in Mods. I will bring it up again in mods and also start a thread in poker chat later with some sort of vote to gauge interest :ok

if we are putting ideas out there have you guys thought about putting a pl online series togther like the live event but do something online? do it in heats etc like the poker million reckon would get some interest.
That will be on its way soon mate, all will be revealed in time ;)