Martingale football betting (advice)

The_Cooler_King

Hi, I am looking at some kind of martingale football system. Essentially you would place a bet on a team with odds at 2.00 (decimal) or slightly greater and back it. If they do not win, you double the stake and back another team around the same odds (using football knowldge to make your picks). In theory this, along with any martingale system, would work with unlimited funds. Just interested to hear your thoughts. The beauty being that with different bookies using different odds you will be able to pick favourites in that odds range. Eg this weekend Swindon 2.1 Draw 3.4 Yeovil 3.4 The problem is starting at £5 per bet the stake mounts up quickly if you have a bad run, 5,10,20,40,80,160,320,640 Also I might look at having a couple of funds on the go at any one time e.g Fund A,Fund B, Fund C Week one bet A and bet B win so you will stake £5 the next week, but bet C loses so you take that one to £10...you get the idea :hope

Re: Martingale football betting (advice) I have yet to find anyone who has a good word to say for martingale and not found anyone who has actually got this to work. Short term you will win a small amount but then you will go on a losing run its inevitable. what would your starting bank be. to really make this work you would need a minimum of 10 bets so lets say you look at making £1 per bet. You would need £1 stake £1 spent £2 stake £2 spent £4 stake £6 spent £8 stake £14 spent £16 stake £30 spent £32 stake £62 spent £64 stake £126 spent £128 stake £254 spent £256 stake £510 spent £512 stake £1022 spent You would then IMO need 1022 winning bets before you move up to £2 per bet. Then double up again I think you get my drift. In other words yeah it can work with consistant careful betting but in reality who is going to be that careful. And how easy is it to lose 10 bets in a row. i would say can easily be done.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.