PokerStars Guiness Book of Records Attempt

Burnley Joe

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PokerStars Guiness Book of Records Attempt Well, I HAD been in, then I was playing a $2 satellite this afternoon, thought I was certain to qualify (short-stacked, about 26th of 37, top 35 qualified), and the bubble lasted about 25-30 minutes, and I finished in 36th (for $5), but I'd already unreg'd, so as to save myself some dosh:wall Anyway, used GaF's 2-stage trick and I'm in again :ok

Re: PokerStars Guiness Book of Records Attempt

O.K whats the facination? I just dont get it!
The usual 8:30 Sunday night game on Stars is $10 + $1 and attracts about 25,000 runners with $250k in the prize pool. Bubble usually bursts just after the 2-hour mark, when the top 16% double their money (plus a bit), and there are bigger prizes for getting much further. Tonight, there's 35,000 runners, but the prize pool is $500k ($150k added by Stars :ok). Also, you only need to get to top 25% (8,750) to win $20. I think the bubble will burst in the same 2 hours or less ;). So, added value, novelty value, and should be relatively easy :unsure to limp in to the money if that's what you prefer to do. I'll be missing the start as we are having Sunday tea/games with friends, so won't be getting back until about 9pm. I don't mind you slow-folding if you're on my table ;) :hope to all having a go.

Re: PokerStars Guiness Book of Records Attempt I,m in using the GaF technique, was on the laptop with a wireless mouse after several attempts used the pad on the keyboard and in straight away:ok. that 0.001 second delay on the wireless mouse must of been critical:loon. Just hope I,m back from the in-laws in time:hope

Re: PokerStars Guiness Book of Records Attempt FFS :wall:wall:wall:wall Been trying for 30 minutes and still cannot get in. Sitting there waiting for it to flip down and it even went down to 34998 and within a fcuking milisecond i clicked OK and still getting tourny is full message. Really fancied it as well, got the hump and giving up now :sad

Keep trying Gazza - it still works :)
Not for me it doesnt, just wasted another half hour trying and must have pushed the button 14 or 15 times. Really am stopping now. fcuked off, seems everyone else can get in this way except me, must be something with my laptop or something.

Not for me it doesnt, just wasted another half hour trying and must have pushed the button 14 or 15 times. Really am stopping now. fcuked off, seems everyone else can get in this way except me, must be something with my laptop or something.
how about giving your details to someone who has done it,might be the only way

Re: PokerStars Guiness Book of Records Attempt I waited until the register button was available, clicked ok on the message and then clicked the radio button for the buyin. I then waited and waited and waited until the lobby showed 34999 again. Then I hit ok asap and it worked (after about three goes at it).

how about giving your details to someone who has done it' date='might be the only way[/quote'] I'm not sure that's the best idea - I think stars are quite hot on people logging on from other machines ..... then again .... if you're not actually playing for someone else, you're not doing anything wrong..... Is your internet connection fast gazza?

Gazza, you should be hitting the button when the Lobby showing ALL Tournies changes to 34999......not the individual Tourney Lobby!:ok TQM
I've tried it both ways without success. Could be something in the wireless mouse theory though. :unsure Anyway, I've also given up now that I'm playing another game.

I've been trying without success now for around 2 hrs on and off......... .......Still not managed to register, but on a positive note I have made the Guiness Book of World Records for "Most Unsucessful Login Attempts"
Method worked for me watch the main lobby and hit enter not the mouse

Re: PokerStars Guiness Book of Records Attempt Decided to give it another go with the keyboard. After about 3 goes I got a different message saying I was in a queue of people who had pressed the button at the same time as me. Still didn't get in. :eyes I really have given up now. :lol Good luck everyone. :ok Anyone else think this WR could be beaten quite easily by making it 40000 entry level?

Real purpose of the game is probably to test how far they can push their servers without meltdown :unsure So they probably just want to inch forward rather than set records :unsure
What price is a system crash in this one. It would be a certainty if Willhill was hosting it:lol:lol