Southwell 10/12

Spooner

12:00 - More Tea Vicar I like the 2nd favourite More Tea Vicar over Hayley Turner's Clerks Choice. Clerks Choice has had a few chances already to break his maiden tag and he could be one of these horses that likes alot of '2nds'. More Tea Vicar has been finishing her races well in her two runs so far, Improvement has been shown in both races with a 3rd last time out at Great Leighs, She can improve again here and hopefully be first past the post. @ 3/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: Southwell 10/12 13:30 - North Walk Tim Vaughan runs North Walk here and he can go a few better after his last run at Great Leighs, The step down in trip looks set to suit as he has performed well over c&d before. Vaughun has his horses running well over both the jumps & flat and can pick up another winner here. @ 4/1 William Hill

Re: Southwell 10/12 14:00 - Overstayed Ive followed this horse for a while now and he still hasen't gone in but im confident he will do soon, Step us in trip to 7f today where he shown to promising runs at Kempton over the distance. Keep following this horse as he will go in one day and keeps getting a bigger price with each run. @ 28/1 Bluesq

Re: Southwell 10/12

12:00 - More Tea Vicar I like the 2nd favourite More Tea Vicar over Hayley Turner's Clerks Choice. Clerks Choice has had a few chances already to break his maiden tag and he could be one of these horses that likes alot of '2nds'. More Tea Vicar has been finishing her races well in her two runs so far, Improvement has been shown in both races with a 3rd last time out at Great Leighs, She can improve again here and hopefully be first past the post. @ 3/1 Bet365 (bog)
Drifted out to 10's on betfair, Gotta love Southwell. :loon

Re: Southwell 10/12 1.00 Southwell This is the 5f dash of the card and the sprint yesterday was won, yet again, by a front runner, so I'm looking for a prominent runner here. This is only a seller so its not an ideal race to study, but there are a couple that look to have a chance. Grimes Faith went well in an apprentices race recently and I think he's probably worth his rating of 62, give or take a lb or two. Punching, at face value, looks well in at the weights but the trainer has put on a 7 lb claimer, to suggest he needs more help from the handicapper. Its questionable Kylie Manser is worth the claim, so even though he races prominently I'm happy to pass over. Ronnie Howe is a course and distance winner and has had excuses for two poor recent efforts because of a bad draw. The likes of Ice Planet, Babel and Calmdownmate are better off at the weights, but his running style is suited to the course and he's at least proven on the surface and has been in form this summer. 25/1 looks overpriced to me. Babel may not be able to win off 70 so I don't think he's that well in. He flopped here before too so doesn't interest me. Apocalypto hasn't shown any signs of ability to date. Calmdownmate was second to Came Back here yesterday. Perhaps those exertions may have taken their toll and at 9/2 I'm not willing to take that gamble, even though he's gone well here on last two runs. Cape Roberto has rarely looked like winning and been well beaten in all starts, Ice Planet is a former Dandy horse now with Ruth Carr. Makes his debut for this yard at a low level, so either they think he is too highly rated for handicaps or he has proven a dud at home and they want to get rid. The surface should suit and he has won before racing in touch, so has a chance. Our Aquiantaince was 3rd here last month and is proven over the trip. Runs near the front but isn't running off a great weight. The Cube has a massive task at the weights and is a maiden after 19 starts. Minimum Fuss has been getting thrashed in plating races and also has a tough task bearing in mind he's rated 38 but getting only 5 lbs from Ice Planet, even though he'd get 35 in a handicap!! Verdict Ice Planet is well in at the weights and drops down from class 5 handicaps to a class 6 seller here. If the ability is still there he should get involved but in recent starts he's come from off the pace and for that reason I'd rather watch than back here. Grimes Faith has been running respectably in moderate races and with Daryll Holland on, Kevin Ryan's horse should go well but I'm going to take a little chance on Ronnie Howe at an attractive price. He has a little to find with Ice Planet at the weights but has the ability to take a race at this grade and has had excuses for recent defeats. He's proven to act on the surface so at 25/1 (Blue Square) I'll take the chance.

Re: Southwell 10/12 1:30 Southwell Hunting Haze Did well on his debut for new yard LTO finising 4th of 13 at this course (1m6f). He was beaten by just 1 1/4L and that is the first time under 10L since 24May07 or 11 races. 1pts ew @ 33-1 Sportingbet 3:00 Southwell Spectait All-Weather form read 3 wins and 1 third from 7 starts. His latest being for 4th of 11 (40-1) at Lingfields 7f track. Form on Turf is also good, 2 wins and second from 9. Recent run showed he's improved so there is some value at 10-1. 5pts ew @ 10-1bluesq