Honesty does pay!! Software Glitch makes me £1k!!

GeordieGaz

I've spoken to a few people about this within the last few days and I just couldn't believe my luck. I was on my Will Hill poker account and I wanted to play the £6k GTD tourney which was a £33 buy-in, however I only had £9 in my account. With the game fast approaching, I decided to try my luck with the £9 on Will Hill's Roulette. I managed to get up to £36 on there so I came out of the roulette software so that I could register for the tourney. It takes a while for the balance to update in the poker software as it is still stored in the roulette client, so what I usually do is click back on the roulette client and then it normally updates on the poker software.... so I did this and that worked so I reged for the £33 tournament. Now.... I've got £3 left in my account.... but I still had the roulette client showing which was showing my balance as £36..... I just thought obviously the balance isn't live and hasn't updated but I thought what the hell, so I tried to buy into the roulette client with the £36 it was saying that I had, I was expecting an error message saying that I didn't have enough in my account but to my astonishment, it allowed me to use this £36!! :loon I was amazed and obviously surprised. I came out of the roulette without betting anything and guess what..... my balance was now showing as £39!!! So I had bought into the tourney, yet I had more in my account than what I started with. I done this a few times more to see if it was just a one-off occurrence but to my disbelief it done the same thing every time and before I knew it, my balance was up to over £1k. I felt bad for Will Hill and thought they could be losing hundreds of thousands with this glitch and me being honest I decided to e-mail them:

Customer (Gary S Graham) - 06/12/2008 02:16 AM I have found a major glitch on the poker software which may cost William Hill much money. I have just came across the glitch and have turned £9 into more than £1k by not betting any money at all, however I am not going to take this money out of my account as it is not rightfully mine. My name is Gary Graham and I would like to speak to someone about this glitch as I fear it may cost the company thousands of pounds. My mobile number is: ********* or you may ring my home on: 0191 *******. Many Thanks, Gary Graham
They promptly rang me on Saturday morning thanking me for my honestly and that there was obviously a serious error and the whole department was looking into it trying to find a fix. They also said they'd ring me again when it had been sorted. They again rang me on Saturday evening and again thanked me and informed me that a fix had now been made to the system and as a thank you gesture I could now keep that £1k that is in my account!! :notworthy So many thanks to Will Hill...... it now promises to be an excellent Christmas!! :nana

Re: Honesty does pay!! Software Glitch makes me £1k!! I done this a few times more to see if it was just a one-off occurrence but to my disbelief it done the same thing every time and before I knew it, my balance was up to over £1k. Thats more than a few times LMAO About 30 more times Nice one, trying it now lol

Re: Honesty does pay!! Software Glitch makes me £1k!!

I done this a few times more to see if it was just a one-off occurrence but to my disbelief it done the same thing every time and before I knew it, my balance was up to over £1k. Thats more than a few times LMAO About 30 more times Nice one, trying it now lol
i done it about 5 times cos it kept doubling. say my balance was £250 i would reg for say a £250 tourney and then go into the roulette for £250.... i'd unreg from the tourney and come out of the roulette and my balance would then be £500.