Help with odds on developing system

Hi, I am hoping somebody could point me in the right direction with some numbers, I tend to do league outright accumulator betting and have made some good returns. But I have made a few errors (like backing one team in too many bets) and so am looking to develop something. 1) If, I wanted to bet on the outright winner of 4 leagues, how many bets would I need to place to cover all the different combinations where I think one of 3 teams will win each league? 2)What is the formulae for this if i want to use of for 5 or 6 leagues, I realise there would be a stupid number of bets. 3)What if say out of the 4 leagues I thought League A: has 3 possible winners League B: has 2 possible winners League C: has 4 possible winners League D: has 4 possible winners is the total number of accumulators i need to put on to cover all the possibilities? I hope that makes sense and would really appreciate any help.:notworthy Phil,

Re: Help with odds on developing system I think 96. For league A you have 3 possible combinations (assuming you don't care what order the other teams finish), for league B you have 2 combinations and for leagues C and D you have 4 combinations. So the number of accumulators needed to cover all outcomes is 3 x 2 x 4 x 4 = 96. I'm not 100% certain that is the answer, its been a long time since I did any kind of combinatorics.