Maths Help

smyther

Re: Maths Help I think most people would get lost with some of the math/poker books out there, they are too technical for the layman. I'm sure plenty of posts here have touched on pot odds, implied odds, reverse implied odds etc. If not there are a thousand articles out there from magazines or the big US poker forums that would help.:ok

Re: Maths Help

This is an extremely difficult book to read, I would only recommend it with a strong Maths/Economics background otherwise you'll be completely lost. However it is also one of the best books I've read on poker. Mathematics of Poker
It's a fascinating book, and (speaking as a mathematician) it really helped me understand some of the basic concepts of poker that are often stated but not explained very well (at least, not to my satisfaction), such as "at a tight table it's better to play loose, but at a loose table it's better to play tight". But I hope smyther won't think I'm being patronising when I say that it's probably not the answer to:
Ok my math side to my game is at best fair an thats being generous. So where would one go to try and learn a bit better.