My Attempt At Laying Horses For A Profession

angryjim

Well i will keep this short. I am 20 years of age just droped out of college (studied business) and have decided to give professional gambling a go. Why I droped out basically was that over the summer instead of going away with my mates interrailing i stayed home and played the exchages. I got into horseracing at about the age of 16 when i used to go down to my local bookies to get a football coupon, i would see at time what i considered to be a mugs game up on the screen and laughed at these gamcare merchants throwing their tenners away one after another. Anyways as Paul Merson said if you hang around a hairdressers enough you'll eventually get a hair cut:) To cut a long story short did my bollox until i came across somthing called Betfair, needless to say i have never steped foot in a bookmakers since. Over a year of recreational gambling i noticed that laying horses was rather easy, and eventually cut out the backing and focused souly on laying. This is the secret part! My mate is a whiz on computers and i approched him to help be design a piece of software that would filter horses for me. Do not ask for it as i will take it to my garve, it is simply an outstanding piece of kit and imvho the holy grail. Its strike rate considering the average lay price is amazing and over the next few months, i will let the results do the talking. I havent looked back since, and have turned a starting bank of 250 euro into my current bank of 4.8k through the ingenious use of compounding. Rules are simple, I lay to a fixed percenatge liability of 5% of bank, my price limit is 3.0 (2/1) this is set in stone and is non negotiable. I rarely lay odds on but when i do, if the price is below 2.0 (even money) i change the liability to 4% Now what i tend to do is after the first nag gets beat, is to in true student style pack up and get down the pub:) if however the horse wins, i will, if i have other selections, lay them to 5% of bank. If at anytime i hit level or even a euro profit for the day, again, shut up shop for the day. Now if in the unlikely event of first two horses winning, I STOP, this way i prevent "one of those days" If we get a sequence of L-W-L i again stop, basically rule of thumb is max loss of two for a day. Needless to say im banned from the Betfair forums like 99% of the members but came across this place and looks a good laugh, so thought id post my POSSIBLE selections (usually around 5 horses) around 11.30 then a further post to indicate what ive been matched on. (around 5 minutes before the off) I'l make no bones about it i am very confident that if you follow to me to the letter i can make you a fortune, but you MUST follow the rules its that simple. Look forward to a proving myself to you in the coming months. p.s sorry for not keeping it short:tongue2

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.