First attempt at sports betting - Starting with £50

tomahawk1984

Hi guys, I've has a few punts here and there, mostly on rugby matches but never really considered doing it consistently. I had a spare £50 and instead of playing poker with it I thought I'd see what I can do at the bookies. The rules state I can't tell you about what I did yesterday but the bank is currently standing at £65.94 after a successful start on the NFL and some NCCA games. I've limited myself to small bets to start with, looking to win about £1 with each one to try and limit variance. If I get to £100+ I'll look at increasing it to £2 per bet. I suppose this is my attempt to instill some bankroll management. I'll mostly bet on american football, football and rugby and maybe big events like the snooker world championship and any tennis grand slams, maybe even the odd novelty bet if one takes my fancy. I've never been into horse racing so I'm going to steer clear of that. So here are my picks for the next couple of days: 24/11/08 1. New Orleans to beat Green bay @ 10/13. £5 stake (this bet was made yesterday before I considered bankroll management). GB play a lot of man coverage and I feel this will suit NO QB Drew Brees pretty well. 2. Total number of points > 51.5 @ 10/11. £1.10 stake. Between them NO and GB average 53+ per game. 25/11/08 1. QPR to beat Charlton @ 5/6. £1.10 stake. Charlton are looking poor and I'm hoping the new manager honeymoon period will give QPR a boost. 27/11/08 1. Galatasary to beat Metalist Kharkiv @ 1/2. £2 stake. Galatasary are looking pretty strong and I can see them making it 3 from 3 in the group stages. 2. Schalke to beat Manchester City @ 6/5. £1.10 stake. Man City have been a bit hit and miss in europe and I think a solid Schalke side can see them off. So thats £10.30 staked in total with a chance of making £8.09. I might have another look at the midweek domestic games and see if anything takes my fancy.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.