Lingfield 19/11/08

Chances are I will go to Lingfield tomorrow and with the first race going off at noon I doubt I'll have time to post later this morning. Think High Esteem will go close in the first if fit after a lengthly absence but the 12.30 interests me most. 12.30 Danehillsundance has been a little disappointing this year, just once placed effort from 9 starts. Had previously been placed 9 times (winning 4) in 16 starts when trained by Richard Hannon. I think I may've found an excuse for some lacklustre runs this season though, his best form has always been on a quicker surface. His fast ground/poly form prior to this season reads: 111432 Has had those conditions just 3 times this season: March at Wolver 6th to Re Barolo (btn 4.5l unlucky in running) off 91 May at Haydock 2nd to Ansells Pride (btn 0.75l) off 89 Oct at Wolver 8th to Wasp (btn 3l) off 82 Now the result doesn't tell anything like the real story with the last of those. He was given a shocking ride by Franny Norton and would've gone very close to winning. So perhaps he hasn't regressed as much as his plummeting rating suggests. He runs here off a mark of 79. Bahiano is another that is looking well handicapped and did well to get close to the well handicapped Amber Queen LTO. Just 2 wins from 65 starts is off-putting though. Danehillesundance 85% of stake Bahiano 15% of stake Plus RFC

Re: Lingfield 19/11/08 Lingfield 12:30 - Hessian I backed Danehillsundance on his last couple of starts also and agree with Billy that he has a great chance today, However for me he is a no bet at the price on offer, F/C was 5/1 which looks a fairer price. My e/w bet in the race is Hessian, He runs his best races round this track, 3 of his four career wins have came at Lingfield. Gets the 7f trip well, Jockey is Quinn who has won with this horse over course and distance. Stepping up in class after a disappointing run last time out which is worrying, However he has won here before in this class, So the capability is there. 3pts e/w @ 18/1 Bet365 BOG RFC with Danehillsundance

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.