Bubble Boy!!!!!!

GeordieGaz

I'm getting a bit sick of this now.... Starting last Friday I've played a few MTT's and these have been my finishes: Grosv Newcastle £25 Double Chance Freezout: 9th(6 paid), 12th(10 paid) William Hill £20 freeze £1k GTD: 16th (10 paid) Virgin Poker €3k GTD: 11th (10paid) Virgin Poker €5 turbo: 11th (10paid) I don't know whats happening or what I'm doing wrong. I finished on the bubble about a year ago and vowed never to do it again (either be chipped up or out of the tourney by that stage) Has anybody else ever experienced this? Obviously it shows that I am back to playing decent poker, however it also shows that I may have a problem with my end game?

Re: Bubble Boy!!!!!! dont sound like your doin too much wrong to get that far apart from bad luck ive had this kind of problem online ive tried being aggresive on the the bubble but it seems to backfire at times my advice is just to play your normal game,it will come right in the end:ok

Re: Bubble Boy!!!!!! How much would you have got in each of these tourneys (compared to your buy in) for last paid place? Not a lot I suspect - so the bubble is a bit of a false concern - you dont mind 4 (or more) bubbles for each high placed finish! If you really want to practice survival poker though, get on the cooler tables :ok (though standard STT is better practice IMO to really go for the win). I suppose the other aspect to consider - my view on your game (which may be right or wrong) is that you try and "play poker" too far, too deep into a game - an MTT reaches a tipping point where poker can no longer be played and you should be shoving or folding pre flop - at this stage most poker and a lot of "feel" go out of the window - it's almost entirely a mathematical problem - if you dont play that way, you are giving the advantage to players who do! I'm not pushing the mathematical side ahead of "feel" (lets open that debate again :tongue2) - as has been said before - if you want to be good at poker you need to master both!

Re: Bubble Boy!!!!!!

Add the mardle game tonight to my list of 'bubbles'...... 14th(10 paid).... was soo sick too.. lost with :Td: :Tc: against mardle's :Kc: :Qh:, then few hands later lost with AK agaisnt K10!!! shoulda been on 30k!!
/LOLDONKAMENTS!!!! seriously this kinda shit happens to me in every tournament I play, is this not normal?

Re: Bubble Boy!!!!!! lol yeah i see it all the time! I didnt mind the kq from mardle... he said in the chatbox that he had me on 10s so went for it so that was fair enough! The k10 was the bad one though.... there had been a min raise with two calls so I moved all in and he called with the three behind him still to act!!