Omaha Hi-Lo - over valuing hands

Posting this hand as I think there are a number of common Hi-Lo issues come up all in the same hand. 6 seat cash game. $1/$2. 4 hands known. Button ($43.17) - 3h 8s Kh Ks SB ($459.16) - not known BB ($40) - 3s 6c Jh 10c Player A ($260.70) - 3c 6d 2d 5h Player B ($204.25) - not known Player C ($213.14) - 2c Jc 4s Ad So, player A first to act pre-flop. Player A - Calls $2 Player B - Folds Player C - Calls $2 Button - Calls $2 SB - Calls $1 BB - Checks Pre-flop was very friendly. Nobody representing real strength and seeing the cards, nobody did have a huge starting hand IMO. Possibilities for everyone and the blinds got to limp in (BB with a very bad starting hand) Flop - 4d 5s 7h Player A has hit the 2nd nut straight for Hi hand and only 3rd best low hand. Player C has hit nut low hand with no Hi Button has a pair of Kings for hi and 2nd worst Lo hand. SB unknown BB has also hit the 2nd nut straight but with an average low. SB - checks BB - checks Player A - checks Player C - bets $10 Button - calls $10 SB - folds BB - raises to $40 (all in) Player A - calls Player C - raises to $172 Button - calls (all in for $43.17) Player A - raises to $260.70 (all in) Player C - calls (all in for $213.14) Board finishes; 4d 5s 7h - 8d - Ac Player A scoops the $500 pot with nut low (A-2-3-4-5) and 8 high straight (2nd nut Hi possible) ------------------------------ Player A - scooped the pot, but was it correct to bang heads with the only other guy holding more than $200 behind ?? On the flop he did not have nut high or low hand. Player C - did he overvalue his hand ?? A-2 with no high ?? Button - did he have odds to put all his chips in with KK and 2 backdoor flush draws ?? BB - was he correct to get it all in when he did ?? 2nd nut high but poor low possibilities. Thoughts please .......... :ok

Re: Omaha Hi-Lo - over valuing hands

------------------------------ Player A - scooped the pot, but was it correct to bang heads with the only other guy holding more than $200 behind ?? On the flop he did not have nut high or low hand. Not a bad starting hand low connectors are better than high connectors and he saw a flop cheap. A good flop gives his a monster wrap. Player C - did he overvalue his hand ?? A-2 with no high ?? Pre flop? A2 is the best starting hand in Omaha 8 you are looking for High and low scoops. His starting hand is excellent A2** is as good as it gets 4J is not ideal but gives options. The flop is good he has nut low (drawing to nuts and possible scoop wheel) he just had an unlucky 2 outer river otherwise he would have halved. Button - did he have odds to put all his chips in with KK and 2 backdoor flush draws ?? Shouldn't have been in the hand and made a crazy call with just a PP which are pretty futil in Hilo BB - was he correct to get it all in when he did ?? 2nd nut high but poor low possibilities. He's check raised the straight but without the stack he could have hoped to half the pot but nothing more so questionable
I find short handed O8 a crazy gambling game full of dick swinging so nothing can be read too much into their actions they all thought they had half and were hitting and hoping for the scoop and one luck guy hit a dream turn then river. It's a game you need to stay away from if possible too many swings.

Re: Omaha Hi-Lo - over valuing hands okay heres my read of it player a = not a bad starting hand at all and a pretty good flop for him. i can see why he reraised player c as its very likely he will have him one way at least and if hes betting a2 it's best to get the money in before his low gets busted;) player c=okay starting hand again but the reraise with no high is very dangerous .if he had a 3 as well and the bb wasnt all in then its a okay play but with no lo backup its very dodgy as the end result shows.he has to call the reraise but he got himself into a bad situation. button=okay call preflop as you can make people pay for a low on the flop if you hit your k or hit a possible over full house on a paired board which can end up profitable. post flop is ugly on that board,someone has hit 2 pair or a straight pretty much every time so very bad play. bb = i can sort of see his thinking here,its likely he has the best high and with very little in the way of higher draws it could be that the others could be going low.he may well have been hoping that the other 2 would fold to his bet but its unlikely on a board with so many possabilitys. brians right about short handed hilo cash as it is ultra manic . if i play shorthanded its stts,cash i play full ring games and just play possible nut hi/lo hands which you cant really wait for short handed.

Re: Omaha Hi-Lo - over valuing hands

okay heres my read of it brians right about short handed hilo cash as it is ultra manic . if i play shorthanded its stts,cash i play full ring games and just play possible nut hi/lo hands which you cant really wait for short handed.
ubermonkey what sites do u use to play hi/low cash games i play on stars but could do with one that has a good game during the day the stars games tend to dry up from 12-5 irish time,.

Re: Omaha Hi-Lo - over valuing hands i play a fair bit on boss sites and a few tourneys on pokeroom ,stars and ft. the stts are new on boss and very weak and the cash play is mainly weak,there's a few good spanish players on there tho so watch out for them but also a lot of bad mad loose scandies:) should have a game going from micro up to 1/2 at least pl or limit around 12 till 5, evenings theres usually a few of each running:ok if its tourneys i tend to play on pokeroom ,stars and ft as theres usually a good $10-$50 game on one of those 3