Is every site ripping me off ??

Went to withdraw a small amount from a site today and was disappointed by the rate I was getting ...... 1.345671 USD / 1 EUR Given that the rate today is about 1.26 I felt I was being ripped off. So to check, I started a transaction to deposit exactly the same amont and found I was only getting 1.233835 USD / 1 EUR Is every site acting like a currency exchange or just this one ?? Maybe I haven't noticed it before as I've never deposited large amounts so all my withdrawals have seemed like a bonus, whatever the rate. But I am feeling a bit peeeed off with it right now ....... :@

Re: Is every site ripping me off ??

Is every site ripping me off ??
Afraid so :sad Webdollar and Neteller are the 2 really bad ones that I'm aware of. The best, are those that store your money in local currency and convert every time you sit down and then convert back at the same rate when you stand up.

Re: Is every site ripping me off ??

ive noticed it and think its wrong considering the amount they make from rake.
You're damn right ! I'm not a huge player, but over the course of the month my hands have paid a fair amount of rake (which Im sure is higher than other sites but never worked it out)..... I don't get a rake deal from this site so feel like Im getting shafted whichever way I turn. Ok, so I'm winning, I guess I should not complain, but it still ain't right :(

Re: Is every site ripping me off ?? Pay-Pro response. Dear Andrew, This is with reference to the exchange rate offered on our web site. Please note that the FX currency market has different prices when you're buying and selling. All currencies have a market rate (mid-market rates), which are different from the buy and sell rates offered by banks. This applies to all real money foreign exchange transactions made at our website. The rates offered for deposits would be different from the rates offered while requesting a cashout from your PartyAccount. The exchange rates mentioned at our cashier are the best rates provided to us by our bankers. You can avoid being affected by exchange rate fluctuations by changing your PartyAccount currency to match the currency you regularly carry out transactions in. Your PartyAccount can be in euros, pounds sterling, or US dollars. To change your account currency, please log in to your PartyAccount and go to ‘My profile’ and follow the instructions. ........ We would appreciate your understanding in this regard. Ok, he cannot assume I know how currency markets and exchange rates work, but can they really not get better rates than those I was forced to trade at today ?? Plus, I do not remember being given the option to set my account to EUR when I signed up ..... maybe I missed it but Im sure I would not want an account in USD when I live in Europe !!! Grrrr ...... I've had my rant now :ok

Re: Is every site ripping me off ?? I have had the same thing- I thinkthe rate you get changing your account from $ to £ isa totla ripoff from Party. I asked this before but what is the best way to get some dollars out of Party back to Sterling in Uk?

Pay-Pro response. Dear Andrew, This is with reference to the exchange rate offered on our web site. Please note that the FX currency market has different prices when you're buying and selling. All currencies have a market rate (mid-market rates), which are different from the buy and sell rates offered by banks. This applies to all real money foreign exchange transactions made at our website. The rates offered for deposits would be different from the rates offered while requesting a cashout from your PartyAccount. The exchange rates mentioned at our cashier are the best rates provided to us by our bankers. You can avoid being affected by exchange rate fluctuations by changing your PartyAccount currency to match the currency you regularly carry out transactions in. Your PartyAccount can be in euros, pounds sterling, or US dollars. To change your account currency, please log in to your PartyAccount and go to ‘My profile’ and follow the instructions. ........ We would appreciate your understanding in this regard. Ok, he cannot assume I know how currency markets and exchange rates work, but can they really not get better rates than those I was forced to trade at today ?? Plus, I do not remember being given the option to set my account to EUR when I signed up ..... maybe I missed it but Im sure I would not want an account in USD when I live in Europe !!! Grrrr ...... I've had my rant now :ok

Re: Is every site ripping me off ?? Yeah, conversion is a big rip-off. I use USD accounts on pokerrooms, even have my Neteller in USD. So I can deposit and withdraw on pokerrooms without conversion BS. Only time I have to convert is when I withdraw money from my Neteller (bankroll). I heard Moneybookers has a better conversion rate though. So probably better to use Moneybookers if the pokerroom supports that too.

• 1 month later...