Newcastle 30/10/2008

NMc106

Still in shock after Arsenals appaling decipulation (not the word but I cannae mind what the word is!) Ahhh :@ Cannot afford to drop points so readily. Back to the happy world of horse racing.... :eek:eek 13-00 Newcastle

Agglestone Rock

Had a run out 25 days ago finishing 6th at Kelso on Good ground. His trainer has had only a couple of recent runs and with no form at this course. No wins in his 9 race career.

Banquet

Won LTO in a class 6 at Catterick, though that was 64 days ago. Trainer is one of only 3 trainers in race with course experience & although it is the worst of the 3 it could be useful. Trainer is in bad recent form though.

Bulas Boy

Ran 15 days ago on similar ground at Wetherby in a class 5, finishing a disappointing 7/14 though. Trainer hasn’t much recent form with only 3 runs.

Cashmere Jack

Only 2 career runs both over much shorter distance and on softer ground. Not much chance here today.

Harrison Star

Finished 2nd in a class 4 at Sedgefield 37 days ago and that followed up a 3rd at Cartmel, so is in decent form. The most recent race (Sedgefield) was on similar ground to what we have here so that another positive. Trainer is really not in good form though.

Houston Dynamo

Has just switched trainers to the N G Richards yard, who have a great record here at Newcastle. Has raced his entire career over in Ireland and could be an interesting look out for today. Could have a chance with a new stable to get the best out of him.

La Fortalesa

7 career runs no wins or places, though was moved up to the 2 miles mark for the first time LTO & although it wasn’t a great run he dealt with it quite well in similar conditions as we have here. Might not be able to step up a class though.

Magnushomestwo

Hasn’t ran for over a year. No form in entire career what-so-ever and I cant see him getting involved at all.

Midnight Blews

Another horse recently stepped up in distance & another horse with no chance here today.

Recoil

Another poor horse, has never hurdled before and I cant see him lasting anywhere near the required distance.

Woody Waller

3 career runs with 1 win & 1 place; on the flat granted but decent form & put in a gutsy performance in a Class 3 at Catterick finishing 4th. Trainer has a good record here so should know what he’s doing. Ground should suit also.

Pequeno Dinero

Cant see her getting involved here today, no good form hasn’t really been involved in since a 3rd back in July 2007. Prefers heavier ground also.

Victorias

Has just been out the places on most recent 3 runs, doesn’t seem capable of breaking into the places.

Was expecting to find maybe one long priced E/W shot but the best I could do was Woody Waller and hes forecasted up at 4/1! Suggestion:

Houston Dynamo Win @ 15/8 RPF :hope

Re: Newcastle 30/10/2008 13-30 Newcastle

Andijan

Used to be a hurdler, then moved up to chasing over in Ireland, has only ran a couple of chases and results haven’t been great. First chase over in Britain and over the slightly shorter distance of 20 furlongs.

Belon Gale

Only the 1 career race; where he finished an impressive 4th in a class 3 at Hexham, though he was miles back from the front 2! Trainer has a good record here though.

High Bird Humphrey

Finished 3rd on last two outings & over similar distance as well have here today. Had a 7lbs claimer onboard for those two runs when only a 3lbs claimer takes charge today.

Industrial Star

Made chase debut LTO though was largely disappointing. Was on softer ground that day and he prefers firmer ground so that could have been a bearing, though big enough to turn this around?

Jass

Unseated rider LTO at Carlisle over 20 furlongs as we have here today; apart from that though has a pretty impressive career record with him placing 9 of his 14 runs, 3 of them being wins. Seemed to prefer the softer ground though has possibly come to grow into the firmer ground recently.

Mill Side

Makes his chase debut here after 3 good hurdling performances with a win and 2 places. Should like the firm ground as the win came on that, & with a 7lbs claimer on board could well have a chance here. Has also won at Newcastle before & his trainer also has a good record here with 34% of her 90 runners placing.

My Friend Paul

Hasn’t finished a race since June 2006 and has very poor form in all 4 career races.

Nile Moon

Hasn’t ran since a 2nd in a class 6 at Catterick 554 days ago. Can’t see him being there come the line.

Role On

Couple of decent runs over hurdles though nothing special. Im not 100% he can step up to chasing just yet.

Sir Monty

The American continues his chase career looking for a win here. With 3 pretty poor runs Bowen has brought him to Newcastle where he (Bowen) has quite a good record and might fancy his chances. Hasn’t won since back in August 2006 on the flat at Newmarket, there really is no reason why he should do well here with no real form even over hurdles but I fancy him.

Teerie Express

With no form available to me for this horse I simply cannot comment!!

That’s Rhythm

One of only two distance winners in this race & a good 2nd at Hexham 27 days ago will give him confidence. Has 3 career wins (9 runs), 2 of which came on the firm ground. Could go close today that’s for sure.

The Shy Man

The other distance winner in today’s race, with only 2 runs on the firm he hasn’t much experience though he certainly has form, winning both of those races well. Has been tried at class 1 where, although he wasn’t embarrassed, he didn’t do to well so has been dropped back to this class range. Trainer not in food form though.

With a few runners who have a claim this is a much better race than the 13-00. If Role On can cope then he has a shout but there is an if there. That’s Rhythm to me looks the bet with a little E/W on Mill side

Suggestion:

That’s Rhythm Win @ 7/4 RPF

Mill Side E/W @ 13/2 RPF :hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.