Kevshat's EW Top Bats

kevshat

I've been thinking of doing a little cricket top batsman system for a while now and given that we've got so much cricket on over the winter now is a good time to start it. Basically, 3 bookmakers offer top batsman with EW terms. Boylesports who go 1/4 the odds 1st 3 and Ladbrokes & Coral who both go 1/5 1st 3 although Boylesports don't always go EW. The plan is to paper trial the top 3 runscorers in either team in a series going into each innings but I will only bet if the odds secure at least a refund on just a place (5/1 at Corals/Ladbrokes and 4/1 Boyles). I'll do this over all international cricket be it one day, tests or twenty20 however one stipulation is there have to have been 3 innings in the series before I bet so that the run lists take a bit of shape. Not sure how many bets we'll get but we'll give it a go. Remember this is just a paper trail for now, I'll continue with my own almost logical bets in the relevant cricket threads in the other sports forum. I'll start with a bank of 500pts and each bet will be 5pts EW.

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats I'll start with the India vs Australia series. 4 innings so far so hopefully we've got a decent guage of who is getting the runs. India's top 3 coming into this 1st innings are: G.Gambhir 221 S.Ganguly 204 V.Sehwag 176 Australia's top 3 are: M.Hussey 232 S.Katich 153 R.Ponting 147 Bets for the 1st innings of this test match are: 5pts EW G.Gambhir Top India Batsman 5/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts EW S.Ganguly Top India Batsman 15/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts EW S.Katich Top Australia Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Starting bank 500pts Current Bank 470pts Wins Places Losses S/R P/L

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats Gambhir won but the other two were both losers. Starting bank - 500pts Current Bank - 510pts Wins - 1 Places - 0 Losses - 2 S/R - 33.33% P/L - +10pts 4th and final India vs Australia test begins in the morning. Top 3 India runscorers coming into this match are: Gambhir - 463 Laxman - 313 Tendulkar - 275 Gambhir is banned for this test though so 4th in the list is Ganguly with 239 runs. Top 3 Australia runscorers coming into this match are: Hussey - 285 Ponting - 234 Katich - 231 Only Coral are offering EW bets in this match so the bets for the 1st innings of this 4th test are: 5pts EW VVS Laxman Top India Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts EW S.Ganguly Top India Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts EW S.Katich Top Australia Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3)

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats Forgot to update this thread earlier in the week :$. Katich top scored for Australia while Ganguly was placed. Laxman was 4th by 2 runs :wall. +25 for the round :dude. That's the end of that series but India vs England ODI's begin in the morning and there's 7 of those so once we've had the 1st 3 I'll be back to continue this system :ok. Starting bank - 500pts Current Bank - 535pts Wins - 2 Places - 1 Losses - 3 S/R - 50% P/L - +35pts

• 1 month later...

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats Finally after a load of 2 match series we've got some 3 match series going on at the minute so we've got some betting chances in this system. Australia vs South Africa 3rd Test begins tonight. Australia's top 3 runscorers coming into this test are: R.Ponting - 232 M.Clarke - 204 B.Haddin - 190 South Africa's top 3 runscorers in the series so far are: G.Smith - 293 JP.Duminy - 217 AB de Villiers - 176 Ladbrokes and Coral are offering EW odds on this match. Therefore 1st innings bets are: 5pts ew M.Clarke Top Australia Batsman 5/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew B.Haddin Top Australia Batsman 10/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew AB de Villiers Top South Africa Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew JP Duminy Top South Africa Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3)

• 7 months later...

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats I left this thread having forgotten about it with all the sports betting I did at the start of the year :$. Will start it up again now though and paper trial it through the rest of the summer and the winter. Quickly updating those last bets and Clarke top scored but no joy with the rest so level for that last test. Figures now: Starting Bank: 500pts Current Bank: 535pts Wins: 3 Places: 1 Losses: 5 S/R: 45% P/L: +35pts

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats Ok so we've had 3 tests in the Ashes now so the run lists should have taken shape. 4th test begins tomorrow. England's top 3 runscorers so far are:- A.Strauss - 309 P.Collingwood - 221 M.Prior - 180 Australia's top 3 are:- M.Clarke - 352 S.Katich - 248 M.North - 239 Ladbrokes and Corals both bet each way on this match so 1st innings bets are: 5pts P.Collingwood Top England Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts M.Prior Top England Batsman 8/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts M.North Top Australia Batsman 8/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3)

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats As well as The Ashes, there's a one day series going on in Sri Lanka who host Pakistan. They play their 4th ODI on Friday at 10am UK time so we can get stuck into this match too. Sri Lanka's top 3 runscorers so far are:- M.Jayawardene: 168 U.Tharanga: 103 C.Kapugedera: 83 Pakistan's top 3 runscorers are:- U.Akmal: 84 Y.Khan: 79 K.Akmal: 78 Coral are betting each way on this match so the bets are: 5pts ew C.Kapugedera Top Sri Lanka Batsman 13/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew U.Akmal Top Pakistan Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew K.Akmal Top Pakistan Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3)

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats It's been a good day for this system with Umar Akmal top scoring for Pakistan and Kamran Akmal coming 3rd. Matt Prior top scored for England in the test match as well. +26pts for the Sri Lanka vs Pakistan ODI and +38pts for the England innings in the test match. Figures now with the Aussie innings to come are: Starting bank: 500pts Current bank: 599pts Wins: 5 Places: 2 Losses: 7 S/R: 50% P/L: +99pts

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats Marcus North also top scored for Australia. Was out for the 5th ODI between Sri Lanka and Pakistan so never got to post. The next match for the system will be the 5th and final Ashes test next Thursday. Stats now: Starting Bank: 500pts Current Bank: 647pts Wins: 6 Places: 2 Losses: 7 S/R: 54% P/L: +147pts

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats 5th and final Ashes test begins in the morning. England's top 3 runscorers are: A.Strauss: 344 M.Prior: 239 P.Collingwood: 225 Australia's top 3 runscorers are: M.Clarke: 445 M.North: 349 R.Ponting: 311 Corals and Ladbrokes both offer EW betting so the bets are: 5pts ew P.Collingwood Top England Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew M.Prior Top England Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew M.North Top Australia Batsman 7/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3)

• 1 year later...

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats Mentioned this thread in my bets in the other sports section this week. Looking into it I definitely think there's mileage in this so I'm going to resurrect this thread because there's lot of good series coming up over the winter and the rest of the "summer". Having gone a year without an update I'm going to start with a new bank and go for it. Same criteria as in post 1 applies. I'll paper trial this until the end of 2010 then see where we are. Starting bank 250pts England vs Pakistan 4th test is on Thursday at Lords. England's top 3 batsmen in the series are: J.Trott - 220 M.Prior - 212 E.Morgan - 175 Pakistan's top 3 batsmen in the series are: A.Ali - 130 I.Farhat - 107 U.Akmal - 99 Bets for the 1st innings of this test are: 5pts ew E.Morgan Top England Batsman 8/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew M.Prior Top England Batsman 12/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew A.Ali Top Pakistan Batsman 6/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew I.Farhat Top Pakistan Batsman 5/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew U.Akmal Top Pakistan Batsman 5/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) Starting bank: 250pts Wins: Placed: Losses: Total staked: 50pts Total returns: Total profit: S/R: Yield:

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats This looks excellent mate, and we have loads of series's coming up (Australia in India, South Africa in Zimbabwe, Pakistan in South Africa, New Zealand in India, Sri Lanka in Australia, The Ashes, India in South Africa, Pakistan in New Zealand etc) we'll have a lot of matches to choose from. Will follow/back your tips with interest!

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats Picked up a couple of places from that Lord's test. Prior and Azhar Ali placed. Trott top scored but he wasn't a bet due to price. Starting bank: 250pts Wins: 0 Placed: 2 Losses: 3 Total staked: 50pts Total returns: 28pts Total profit: -22pts S/R: 0% wins 40% places Yield: -44%

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats We've had 3 ODI's between England and Pakistan so more bets to come in this thread. Only Coral go each way on ODI's so bets will be with them. England's top 3 runscorers in the series are: Strauss - 224 Davies - 131 Trott - 124 Corals are less than 5/1 on the above trio so no England bets in this game. Pakistan's top 3 runscorers in the series are: K.Akmal - 132 Alam - 123 Shafiq - 109 2 bets for Pakistan in this game. 5pts ew A.Shafiq Top Pakistan Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew F.Alam Top Pakistan Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3)

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats Was unlucky not to get a place from Alam there. 40 in 10 balls from Razzaq saw to that :eyes. 5th ODI is today. England's top 3 batsmen are the same as the last game and are all less than 5/1 so no bet there. Hafeez has replaced Shafiq for Pakistan but there is one bet for Pakistan. At work at the minute so I'll update P/L when I get in. 5pts F.Alam Top Pakistan Batsman (5th ODI) 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3)

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats Carrying this on for the last ODI between Bangladesh and New Zealand. New Zealand's top 3 runscorers are: Kane Willamson- 108 Ross Taylor- 107 Brendan McCullum- 82 5 points K.Williamson Top New Zealand Batsman @ 7 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Bangladesh's top 3 runscorers are: Shakib Al Hasan- 177 Shahriar Nafees- 108 Imrul Kayes- 103 Coral are less then 6 for all 3 so no bets for Bangladesh.

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats Whoops, only just seen this. Just to say that for the system I'm running Kane Williamson wasn't a bet today because he'd only played one match in this series and the idea of the thread is to eliminate potential inconsistences and reward consistency. If we'd included Williamson today then we may as well use every series after one match. So just to reconfirm the batsman in question must have batted in at least 3 innings in the series. Totals to date excluding today's one is: Starting bank: 250pts Bets: 8 Wins: 0 Placed: 2 Losses: 6 Total staked: 80pts Total returns: 28pts Total profit: -52pts S/R: 0% wins 25% places Yield: -65% Current bank: 198pts

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats Ok 4th ODI tomorrow between Pakistan and South Africa which gives us the potential for more bets for this thread. Pakistan's top 3 batsmen after 3 matches are: A.Razzaq - 123 F.Alam - 116 M.Hafeez - 102 South Africa's top 3 batsmen are: H.Amla - 219 C.Ingram - 116 A.de Villiers - 99 As it's an ODI only Corals offer ew terms but both innings have bets. Bets for this 4th ODI are: 5pts ew A.Razzaq Top Pakistan Batsman 10/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew F.Alam Top Pakistan Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 5pts ew C.Ingram Top South Africa Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3)

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats Bit unlucky for the thread in the last game. Ingram ran out of time 9 short of a place and Razzaq was out 3 short of a place. Starting bank: 250pts Bets: 11 Wins: 0 Placed: 2 Losses: 9 Total staked: 110pts Total returns: 28pts Total profit: -82pts S/R: 0% wins 18% places Yield: -74.55% Current bank: 168pts

Re: Kevshat's EW Top Bats 5th ODI in the Pakistan vs SA series is tomorrow. Pakistan's top 3 run scorers so far are: A.Razzaq - 156 Y.Khan - 145 M.Hafeez - 144 SA's top scorers are: H.Amla - 229 A.de Villiers - 148 C.Ingram - 143 Once again as this is an ODI so only Coral offer bets. All 3 of SA's top 3 batsmen are less than 5/1 so the only bet for this 5th ODI is: 5pts ew A.Razzaq Top Pakistan Batsman 10/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3)

• 2 weeks later...