Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10

That "riders up" moment :puke I cringe every time
And that business of sculptured 40-something plastic blond women snogging wrinkled old men after every race........... Think I'll move to the US !.............:rollin

Can't really fancy Duke tonight after the poor show in the Arc so I've taken Henrythenavigator an Ravens Pass against Curlin. I expect a big run from Ravens Pass' date=' travels well at pace and Dettori could get a good tune out of it tonight, I think it will get the extra distance as they won't go off at a true quick pace. They were 8's and 9's on Bet365.[/quote'] 1-2 for me but backed them both to win. I think I just woke up all the neighbours cheering Frankie home, great ride. I love it when we go over there and stick it up the yanks. :cow Well done Frankie :nana

11.45 RAVENS PASS E/W 8/1 If Ravens stays this extended 10F trip i expect it to be bang there in the finish, the pro ride surface is meant to be pretty quick which imo will suit the horse nicely.It trains on a very similar surface at home so should hold no demons.The tactics on how they ride him will be interesting. Curlin is probably the one to beat, but i dont think he's improved from last year.
come on!!! :ok:beer:cheers:beer extra hours drinking tonight with clocks going back.....:Ad:

Zakarva, New Approach, Ravens Pass. who's the best flat horse of the year? tough one.
Despite tonight.........still Zarkava for me ! She's beaten Goldikova a couple of times and Goldikova has beaten Ravens Pass and Henry.......... Brilliant season of Group One racing in Europe though with lots of superstars............

Despite tonight.........still Zarkava for me ! She's beaten Goldikova a couple of times and Goldikova has beaten Ravens Pass and Henry.......... Brilliant season of Group One racing in Europe though with lots of superstars............
i've prob opened a can of worms but i'd go 1.New Approach 2.Zarkarva 3.Ravens Pass. will agree with seen some superstars this season, prefer NH though as they dont get retired to breed like the flat beasts, and therefore turn out year in year out.

Did anyone watch the race i take it you guys never by the limited feed back on Curlin
It came round the bend in contention and started to pick up and looked quite dangerous but Ravens Pass brushed it aside and went past it, it was going backwards at the end and got 4th place. Might not have taken to this surface but Ravens Pass was classy. :ok Race will probably be on ATR site if you want to see it.

Cheers Mowgli i knew you would come to the rescue and answer my question' date=' was you on the winner? i have him in a Fantasy Punter comp (Ravens Pass) but not sure if it counts over in the U.S.[/quote'] I backed 1st and 2nd but both to win, good result for our horses. 10 to follow has finished if you had Ravens Pass in that, may still count in other fantasy competitions. I was going to back it on Betfair after its last win and would probably have got a better price but happy with todays price and win. I don't care how much of a wonder horse Curlin is supposed to be, I couldn't take those skinny odds when there were at least 4 other live dangers in the field.

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 Had the free bet out of the RP today on a Henry - Ravens forecast.... gutted!!! Cracking night for the European horse scene... Fantastic stuff. Conduit was immense. I'll tell you why Curlin didnt win... he wasnt pumped full of anabolic steroids as per usual. Very,Very glad that Ravens won, although I do not like Frankie, he gave it some ride there, hats off.

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 This Zenyatta we have sen in the Breeders Cup is a machine aswell... 9 from 9, pretty impressive. Bit of a coincidence eh... The first steroid free Breeders Cup, and the best European showing for some time. Just shows that IMO, the quality of racing we have here is far superior to the American ideal. Curlin, since being taken off the steroids, has been nothing but ordinary IMO.

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 That result pretty much sums up my entire flat season. Great results for europe though I do hope we havn't seen the last of ravens. What a great race muhannek ran what a training performance that was! And what a boost the the racing post winners form last night with donativum winning if you got 16s for th derby your very lucky!