Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10

21:35 - Westphalia I really fancy Westphalia tonight, US don't have the best turf horses around and are generally pretty poor, Last year Achill Island nearly won this race and Westphalia is better a horse than Achill Island. I don't think its about Westphalia being great just there is not much to oppose him with and could be alot alot shorter than 3/1. I reckon he will be sent off around 9/4. @ 3/1 Bet365

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 23:45 (Breeders Cup Classic) - Henrythenavigator (Each-way) The big one, I think Curlin is worth taking on here. He hasen't performed aswell this year as last year and at 2/1 I don't think that is touchable. Henrythenavigator clearly has the ability to win, His in great form and should run a good race. At 7/1 he is worth an each-way bet. Ladbrokes go 6/1 about him yet 12/1 for DoM, They know? Should be good to watch whatever the outcome. @ 7/1 Paddy power

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 What a strong team europe have tonight I think we have to be disapointed if we don't get at least 3/4 winners. Sixties Icon looks a great bet in the first although the only worry would be the fast ground. In the mile obviously I can't weigh up the us horses but to me Us Ranger is a stand out bet at the odds I saw he was 16s eariler in the week which I helped myself to. For me he has been crying out for another chance at a mile and tonight he gets it he is a huge price still at 10s for a horse who has an ideal profile to take this imo. Red rocks this has been his target since beating super horse curlin at belmont won this race last year and is the one to beat here. Surprised to see my fav sof lining up considering not only he seems to run well fresh but also with cut in the ground surely he isn't spot on for this? Eagle mountain looks the only danger of the horses I know anything about.. As for the classic well if Curlin is returned at 5/2 here in the uk then I will be amazed he's cleary a superstar despite three strong challengers from uk I can't see there being an upset maybe sat nav could fill in the exacta Us Ranger (nap) Curlin (nb)

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 8.15 Goldikova 2/1 var 15 pts The class act for me in this field. Only defeats have come against the mighty zarkava and one of them was over a trip that always looked likely to strecth here. Other than that her forms reads as a series of classy wins. The last two wins have been group 1s and read well, lto she beat darjina, paco boy, htn was well beaten that day despite a late rally too and thats form that is far superior for me than any other bits of form in this race. The ground is a bit of an unknown in the sense she hasnt really raced on anything this quick but that can be misleading because some of her recent runs have been on much better ground than official going descriptions suggests. I like here draw to in 4 and I just think she could turn to be a class above this field and of course gets various allowances too being a 3 year old filly. 11.00 Eagle Mountain 6/1 lad 7.5 pts e.w Ironic here but i have a feeling that the former o'brien star could overturn the current one. SOF for me I have big concerns about the ground. Whilst he has been a solid group 1 horse on good ground, he has done nothing like the form of his irish derby rout and I have to say I have conerns about him in really quick ground. Conduit and Red Rocks are respected but Eagle Mountain has been lightly campaigned this year and could be set to strike. He had class form last year over a variety of trips including second in the derby, ahead of sof, second in champ. stakes and the fact he had enough class to win over a mile lto encourages hugely, getting up late to win. could be set for a first group 1 win and looks set to go close at least.

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 11.45 RAVENS PASS E/W 8/1 If Ravens stays this extended 10F trip i expect it to be bang there in the finish, the pro ride surface is meant to be pretty quick which imo will suit the horse nicely.It trains on a very similar surface at home so should hold no demons.The tactics on how they ride him will be interesting. Curlin is probably the one to beat, but i dont think he's improved from last year.

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10

SportHorse Racing
Event6.50 Santa Anita
SelectionFleeting Spirit (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date25/10/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfred @ 7.00 (Back)
ReasoningThe concern here for this horse is racing over 6 furlongs aswell as round a bend. However she is no doubt the quickest horse in the field and if she can handle the turn, she should prove very difficult to beat. Johnny Murtagh takes the ride and expect her to be held up before coming with a surging late burst.

SportHorse Racing
Event10.15 Santa Anita
SelectionCost Of Freedom (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date25/10/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 6.00 (Back)
ReasoningOffers very good value considering he beat Street Boss last time out and that horse is 7/2 here. Will just sit off the pace before pouncing late and on all known form, he is the one they have to beat. Looks a solid each way bet too me.

8.15 Goldikova 2/1 var 15 pts The class act for me in this field. Only defeats have come against the mighty zarkava and one of them was over a trip that always looked likely to strecth here. Other than that her forms reads as a series of classy wins. The last two wins have been group 1s and read well' date=' lto she beat darjina, paco boy, htn was well beaten that day despite a late rally too and thats form that is far superior for me than any other bits of form in this race. The ground is a bit of an unknown in the sense she hasnt really raced on anything this quick but that can be misleading because some of her recent runs have been on much better ground than official going descriptions suggests. I like here draw to in 4 and I just think she could turn to be a class above this field and of course gets various allowances too being a 3 year old filly.[/quote']Cheers Fella :clap:nana:clap

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 With a nice packet made on that, gone for a little interest for the rest of the night:

Bet Confirmation - CX46621795II - Internet
SelectionsTime of bet: 25/10/2008 20:32:53
Event DateEventSelectionsOddsE/W TermsResult
125/10/20089.35 Santa Anita (Win and Each Way) Live Stream ATR.gif Westphalia3.503 Places 1/4 Odds To Run
225/10/200811.00 Santa Anita (Win and Each Way) Live Stream ATR.gif Conduit4.503 Places 1/4 Odds To Run
325/10/200811.45 Santa Anita (Win and Each Way) Live Stream ATR.gif Curlin3.003 Places 1/4 Odds To Run
425/10/20088.55 Santa Anita (Win and Each Way) Live Stream ATR.gif Square Eddie5.003 Places 1/4 Odds To Run
525/10/200810.15 Santa Anita (Win and Each Way) Live Stream ATR.gif Street Boss3.503 Places 1/4 Odds To Run
Multiples
Bet TypeNo of BetsUnit StakeStakeTo WinReturns
Super Yankee260.256.50656.63

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 9:35 Westphalia is easily opposed at that price. I'm completely unconvinced by O'Brien horses so far anyway, so yeh...there are better value horses out there for this and certainly one of them is Coronet Of A Baron who has every chance after seeing Midshipman comfortably hold off the field in the Juvenile on the dirt. He was only a nose behind Midshipman last time out and the win would be by no means a shock.

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 GO BETWEEN 11.35 Santa Anita. Been looking at this race for a while, and despite plenty of talk about him not getting the fast and not being quite good enough, I actually think he will. The race will not be run to perfection, but I can see a decent pace and then a 4 or 5 horse battle for the line, and with his strength of finish, he may just get the verdict. Trip and surface isn't a worry and trainer Bill Mott in good enough form, so at double figure odds I think he's well worthy of an each way bet. 0.5 points each way.

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 Going to play the last 3 races, EW patent. Opposing the Europeans in all 3 and trying some big prices in:- 10.15 In Summation (10/1) Form in top races and no way should this horse be over 3 times the price of Street Boss. With a clear run, should go close. 11.00 Out Of Control (20/1) Again, a stupid price for a horse that generally goes close without getting its nose in front. Goes well here and not much improvement needed, provided it gets the trip. 11.45 Colonel John (12/1) Unbeaten here, 2 G1 wins & 1 2nd from 4 attempts. Top jockey, definitely not a 12/1 shot.

cos im bored and had a good day' date=' decided to give Conduit a blast, class act hopefully can add to Europe's tally.[/quote'] What a class act it was, brilliant ride from Ryan Moore. I was just checking odds on Bet365, it was 7-2 but I left it alone because I haven't had a proper look through the race. :wall I thought Eagle Mountain was going to win that, Conduit came from out of the clouds with a great run. SOF went off too quickly and was sat too handily, also went too early on it for me.

cos im bored and had a good day' date=' decided to give Conduit a blast, class act hopefully can add to Europe's tally.[/quote'] Woo hoo...........:nana Well done to the ones who backed Conduit......... And I got the Soldier beat............:tongue2

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 Ryan Moore :clap Conduit :nana M Stoute :notworthy Thats why Ryan is the best jockey we have in the UK IMO, knew exactly what horse he had under him & I would have backed him before that final turn he was going so well, i shouted at the tv "go on ryan down the outside" & didnt even have to shout him home he was going so well, just like he did at Epsom back in June when he ate up the final 2f to win. The boy showed he is a class act & that goes down as one of his best for me. :notworthy

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 Just glad Ryan's got passed that phase he was going through half way through the season where he kept leaving his mounts far too much to do, back to best now though. Hopeful Ravens can run a good race next up, even if it gets stuffed, wont be too bothered now.;)

jumped on the curlin bandwagon' date=' never thought this horse would be around 2/1 mark at any stage before now. The europeans will find it difficult to crack this one although Henry may give it most to do.[/quote'] Curlin is odds-on in America...........4/5...........:loon Ravens Pass 20/1 over there, 10/1 here...........he's the one I'd be on...... Improving all season.........overtaken Henry now The Duke looked tired in the Arc. Don't know much about the other US runners.........

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 Can't really fancy Duke tonight after the poor show in the Arc so I've taken Henrythenavigator an Ravens Pass against Curlin. I expect a big run from Ravens Pass, travels well at pace and Dettori could get a good tune out of it tonight, I think it will get the extra distance as they won't go off at a true quick pace. They were 8's and 9's on Bet365.

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 25/10 As well as my earlier post for Colonel John in the last, I'm also having some on Champ Elysees EW. 25/1 is too big for a G1 performer with a turn of foot. If they don't go a crawl, it will stay on at the end and maybe grab this late. So, 2 EW's for me in the last:- Colonel John @ 12's Champ Elysees @ 25's