Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 24/10

22:35 - Wait a While Wait a While loves this course and imo will take all the beating here, Joint favourite with Halfway to Heaven who obviously has to be respected. Watched a few races of her at this track one being the yellow ribbon stakes and she looked such a superb filly and took the field away within a few strides. @ 4/1 Paddy Power

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 24/10 21:15 - Laragh This looks to be one of the more open races of the night and normally I would go for an 'outsider' but I do like the favourite here in Laragh, She won the Chase Jessamine Stakes at Keeneland earlier this month and looks the choice. She should make all here from stall 2, Grab the rail and I think she will be hard to peg back. @ 4/1 Paddy Power

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 24/10 10.35 Visit 12/1 lad 7.5 pts e.w It could well be that there would be better odds available stateside but to try and keep it as simple as possible Im just going for the brit. version and I think this one can run well for stoute on her last start for the trainer before going stateside. I put her up lto saying I still dont think we have seen the bast of her and I still go by that, lto she ran well for a horse still relatively inexperienced compared to the horses she was up against. She made up late ground in taking fashion to close fast in third late on at a mile and offering real hope that an extra trip could be right up her street which she has today. I think she can overturn the form with halfway to heaven for a couple of reasons. Mainly the trip, whereas visit I believe can get this trip, HTH I have major concerns. True she won at this trip at good. but as everyone knows that was the biggest joke of a race in brit. in 2008, she got a very good tactical ride from the front, murtagh went no pace whatsoever and hth was in the perfect position to steal that race and hold off somehow the late challenges most notably the very unlucky lush lashes, she barely got the trip that day and wont be able to dictate today especially with detorri in the field. Indeed earlier in the year I thought she barely got the mile. Also she is quite ungamely and big to look at and looks more of a galloper than perhaps a balanced horse and I would have concerns of her around a sharpish track. Overall I certainly think Visit can overturn the form of lto, she is still relatively unexposed for me since a lay off and if she does overturn hth, then she shouldnt be a million miles of it today.

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 24/10 I don't know much about US racing but for the sake of interest I'm having bets to minimum stakes on three course and distance winners. CD picks: 8.35 - Indian Blessing 11/4 VC Bet 10.35 - Wait a While 9/2 Ladbrokes 11.15 - Zenyatta 8/11 Tote

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 24/10 9.55pm Like the look of this horse against the favourite, won maiden by 10lengths, stepped up to group 1 company in the Frizzette stakes and won it by 4lengths comfortably.Trainer is very bullish about Sky Diva stating the horse is a "FREAK" looked on U Tube at the races previously, horse is a closer and with the likely good pace should set up the race nicely. Price around 5/1 Cheers Willster

4(4) 169533.gif 11 distance_winner.gif Sky Diva 20

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 24/10 I also don't know anything about American racing and in general i don't think the European horses have any chance right out there on the west coast with the time difference, the travel, the heat, the tight track etc........... But I think one who could put up a decent showing at big odds is Heart Shaped in the 9.15...........just think she'll improve a lot for stepping up to a mile, assuming she acts on the track and so on. EW chance..........

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 24/10 VENTURA 8.35 STARDOM BOUND 9.55 HALFWAY TO HEAVEN 10.35 ZENYATTA 11.15 4 Horses that am backing tonight. VENTURA Was trained by Amanda Perrett won a few races for her, has done good in America, 2nd on last 2 starts, has form over a mile and 7F, i think the favourite will not last out the trip and hopefully VENTURA will be staying on strong at the end! STARDOM BOUND (NAP) SP forecast was alot shorter than the current price 15/8. won the Oak Leaf over course and distance won by 3 lengths, last 2 winners of this race had won the Oak Leaf on there previous start. HALFWAY TO HEAVEN Has had one start over 1m2f and beat Lush Lashes to win that race, which was also on fast going, I can see Halfway To Heaven winning this race and could be a good start or Aidan Obrien. ZENYATTA Unbeaten Filly, has run all of its races on a fast surface, won over course and distance last time, this horse has been tipped up everywhere, Im going to mix this is with a few of above and hopefully they win. Good luck gents and have a good evening :hope Mike

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 24/10

But I think one who could put up a decent showing at big odds is Heart Shaped in the 9.15...........just think she'll improve a lot for stepping up to a mile, assuming she acts on the track and so on. EW chance..........
Commentator called her the winner and I went back to 'Have I Got News'..........:wall

Re: Santa Anita (Breeders Cup Meeting) 24/10

Commentator called her the winner and I went back to 'Have I Got News'..........:wall
yer silly bastard, i werent sure, i thought the one in the middle won but me bro thought murtagh got it up, im really liking the chances of halfway to heaven now though!! Mike