Short Priced Singles

Aphobos

I've now closed my previous thread so I can move on to something else I wanted to try. This thread will continue my Blue Square account. It started with £10.90 and made a small £1.08 profit after 24 bets so now stands at £11.98 for this attempts. This attempt is very different and here is what I plan. Outlay I will start with the £11.98 which is left in the account from the last attempt. Bookmaker For this I will be using Blue Square Strategy It is my belief that to make a profit long term, or to give yourself the best chance, you need the following ingredients:

• Patience
  • Discipline
  • Singles
  • Low odds
  • Sensible staking
  • Luck

This is just my own opinion. Patience because it is all to easy to draw out how much profit you can make with your strategy and try to do it quicker by rushing into bets to speed up the process. Likewise disipline because without it the same thing happens. Singles because by nature they are exclusive and not reliant on other factors. Low odds, which most would debate, because the bookie is rarely wrong and certainly long term it is hard to keep pulling in big priced winners. For example I find it easier to profit from 4 1/2 winners than 1 2/1 winner. Sensible staking because it is too easy to put the bulk of your cash on what you think is a sure thing and/or because after a string of winners you get over confident. Sticking to a sensible staking strategy has its merits. And lastly luck because if that was not a factor we would all be profiting as football would be predictable- ie Luxembourg would not win in Switzerland and Hull would not will at the Emirates. My strategy therefore is to bet singles on football at prices no smaller than 1/5 and no larger than 1/2. That to me is the "banker" terrority though we all know there is no such thing- again luck plays its part. Market Football only here. With this I am going to keep it very simple where possible. I won't use under/over and the bookie does not offer asian handicaps. Mostly it will be just 1-X-2, occassionally double chance (+1 handicap) and on a rare occassion draw not bet where I find that to be the best option- ie 1-X-2 too high and EH too low. Preferably I don't want any void bets as I have a plan to work to but some days that might not be possible. The odds allow for that and there is little point in dabbling further. I will try to stick to a straight outcome but where prices are good I will try to cover 2 of 3 outcomes as long as the price stays above the minimum. Betting Frequency In order to keep discipline and patience in check I will limit the number of bets I can have to what I would deem a reasonable level. So on a week day the maximum number of bets will be 1 per day. At the weekend where the card is usually alot bigger I will allow myself 2 bets per day- a morning and evening bet. Staking I admire the people with the balls to put 100% of their balance on their next bet. It is something I have never been able to do and won't do because as I said above luck does play its part and even at the shortest of odds eventually a loser will rear its head. So you are really then banking on being able to get out with the cast before that happens which is never usually the case. For this strategy initially I planned to bet 50% of my balance but being the ponce I am I couldn't bring myself to do that. A couple of years ago I put £100 in PP with a strategy to bet 50% of my balance and 3 bets later, on the same day, I was left with £12.50 to work with. So I have finally gone for 25% of the balance. This will hopefully leave me with some like left in this on the event of a winner while not being too low to make progress slow. Overview Outlay: £11.98 Bookie: Blue Square Strategy: Football Single between 1/5 to 1/2 on the 1-X-2 market Frequency: 1 bet on a weekday and 2 bets per day at the weekend Staking: 25% of balance staked

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.