Betting Bot Help.

minted

I have a trading system. I find the bets in the morning but need a bot to auto green-up before the off as I cannot get to a computer. I have been looking at a couple of bots but my only concern is that they need to be left running on a computer with the connection up. I really do not want to trust my remote countryside connection with my money as if the bot couldn't trade off I feel I would be closer to suicide than profit. All help much appreciated. Could anyone recommend a bot for this scenario? Thanks for all the help. :hope:hope

Re: Betting Bot Help. You can run a bot on a webserver and you can use a rented account. In most cases where no high speed operations are involved it is sufficient to use a standard account of about 5 - 15 pounds a month. You can reasonably expect this server, which in essence is no more than a PC at a hosting company, to be on-line permanently and it has the added advantage of having an extremely fast internetconnection. Don't know of any off-the-shelf bot software for this so you'd be looking at something custom made. The Betfair developers section has something where you can post a project and you can also give www.rentacoder.com a try. Need to know more to get an idea on the costs but it doesn't cost anything to post a project and get some prices.

Re: Betting Bot Help.

I have a trading system. I find the bets in the morning but need a bot to auto green-up before the off as I cannot get to a computer. I have been looking at a couple of bots but my only concern is that they need to be left running on a computer with the connection up. I really do not want to trust my remote countryside connection with my money as if the bot couldn't trade off I feel I would be closer to suicide than profit. All help much appreciated. Could anyone recommend a bot for this scenario? Thanks for all the help. :hope:hope
Gruss' Betting Assistant can be easily programmed to do this sort of thing and it is reasonable at just over a fiver per month. However, you would still need the internet to be connected in order to green up.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Betting Bot Help. Hi, am interested in getting a bit of experience in trading myself. After a bit of searching around the net trying to decide whether giving BetTrader is an option. It seems like a free tool to make trading a little easier - multi-markets, 1 click betting,etc. Would like to hear of anyone's recommendations or otherwise on this. Seems like they have version 4.0 where anyone with a betfair account can use the grid interface. I have a definite interest in learning more about trading and this 'free' tool seems to be too good to be true. Maybe that's me being a cynic but would be great to hear from anyone who actually uses this - good and bad stories alike.... Does this do exactly as it says on the tin? Any advice from anyone who regularly uses this?