What would you do?

Posh Punter

Re: What would you do?

I'm confused as to why you may perceive a difference between live or online play - the odds are exactly the same.....
Its an illogical comment but one I'm sure a lot of us can relate to. Perhaps online is more maths based but live is more "feel" orientated.

Re: What would you do? I understand your bemusement, but I feel there is very much a difference between playing on-line and live. I'm not the only one either, Dan Harrington makes mention of it in some of his tutional books, as do many other authors. Players play differently on many levels. In one instance I have found that players are much more likely to have a wider range of hands on-line than live, certainly in cheapish multi table tournies ie $10 or $20 buy-ins. Because of the multitude of them available, and typically their fast structure, and the fact that if you are knocked out another is starting somewhere very quickly people tend to not look after their chips as readily. Furthermore people tend to jam alot - because the skill level tends to be lower online - people arent as comfortable playing the latter parts of a hand. You cant be bluffed if you jam them in first ;)

I think his range is far far wider than that Gaz. His M is 6, so in Harrington terms it's not quite any two from any position, however when everyone folds to you in the cut off and you only have 6 circuits left, you're not waiting for your cards! I see him doing it with a range something like ..... any pocket pair, any ace, a lot of kings, any 2 cards 9 and over, any connectors (suited or unsuited and a lot of one gap connectors) (Yes I know I've expanded the range from what I said originally :lol :lol :lol :lol)
that's pretty much my possible range in that situation. one thing i have been doing lately is folding down a2-a8 and the same on ks but playing a more open variety of connectors etc. funnily enough this thread made me think about why i've been doing it and its because of the responses above really. everyone would most likely call with a 10 and above i'd guess and maybe kq ,kj or pp 9s or above:unsure (unless it was a tight opponent that you gave some credit to). so those hands are quite likely to be dominated if you get a caller,however hands like 67s nearly always tend to be in much better shape vs their calling range. i think it makes sense but someone will probably work out that its actually -ev.

so those hands are quite likely to be dominated if you get a caller,however hands like 67s nearly always tend to be in much better shape vs their calling range.
You'll have slapdash on in a minute pulling his hair out - that's his pet hate ;) Put the ranges you're talking about in Pokerstove and have a play - you'll see (I think/hope :unsure) that A2 will do better against villains range than 67

Re: What would you do? I have only read 1st post. For me its all in. Left with 6 blinds, you might not get better hand. And even more if that puts you into top three. As you said 19 left, should makes your decision even easier. With less than 13, maybe worth considering folding, but still not in my opinion.

I find the amount of discussion on this astounding. His range is huge' date=' you've got 6BBs, it's an insta call. Every single time![/quote'] To be fair, I think it's only the first two posters who said fold (TQM and Galronix) - after that everyone has said they'll call havent they? :unsure

Re: What would you do? Just got done by this again. First hand of tourney and all callers to someone two seats in front of me and he goes all in. I call, everyone else folds. He has 4 4. The flop is all low cards with a 4 in the mix, all low cards follow. That's twice recently I've lost to these, once with a bloke ending up on a full house and the one on trips. Still there will be a third time, cos I ain't folding. :ok

Re: What would you do? So we are agreed that most people in this spot would call....but what would you do if there had been a push all in, then a call before it gets to you? One argument is obviously call as you have a great starting hand that if you hit might see you treble up or do you fold and wait for a better spot?