Bath Sunday 11th October

4.30 Bertoliver 5/1 PPower back at 5f after a spin last week on the a/w. went into my notebook with a good run at ascot over 5f in july. moved yards since and now with tom dascombe who has assigned decent apprentice ross atkinson to ride today, taking a useful 7lbs off. handicapper giving this one a chance though, and expecting a big run off effictively 85 today. oops its the 12th not the 11th....can a mod change date please!! was out on the lash all day yesterday and got the dates mixed up!!!!

Re: Bath Sunday 11th October 5:35 I'm actually fairly sick of the Racing Post spotlight writers failing to pick up on the obvious. Regarding Gallego they write: "Has two ways of running, up to a career-high mark after his Sandown win last month and since well held; shorter trip fine and should get the fast pace he wants but hard to know what to expect as usual." What a load of bull crap. It doesn't take a genius to see this horse cannot handle soft ground. He's unplaced through 9 attempts on soft and heavy ground. So is it any surprise he was "well held" last time out on soft ground? No, not really. But they fail to pick up on these things even though it stares them in the face. Today the ground is good to soft, which isn't ideal for Gallego, but I did back him at Sandown at 20/1 when he won two races ago. That win was better than everyone suggests, as he was a bit slow away, losing a couple of lengths and came from last to first in the closing stages. He certainly has more to offer from only 2lbs higher in a race that should suit him nicely. He also likes Bath and I reckon he's pretty decent value at 12/1. I do believe he is the best horse in this race and if anything his soft ground form is clouding his true good ground form from the handicapper.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.