a cash hand from last night

teaulc

did i do anything wrong? just want some thoughts to see if it could have been played differently GAME #1204078558: Texas Hold'em NL $0.10/$0.20 2008-10-07 23:05:30 Table Bremen Seat 1: Cirusguti ($20.00 in chips) Seat 3: holdemblow ($19.59 in chips) Seat 5: teaulcsg ($22.77 in chips) DEALER Seat 6: 13utcherr ($32.40 in chips) Seat 8: B1OMAN ($27.99 in chips) Seat 10: spankfugslide ($22.61 in chips) 13utcherr: Post SB $0.10 B1OMAN: Post BB $0.20 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to teaulcsg [s9 C9] spankfugslide: Fold Cirusguti: Fold holdemblow: Raise (NF) $0.80 teaulcsg: Call $0.80 13utcherr: Fold B1OMAN: Call $0.60 *** FLOP *** [CQ H9 H6] B1OMAN: Check holdemblow: Bet $1.40 teaulcsg: Raise (NF) $6.70 B1OMAN: Fold holdemblow: Raise (NF) $18.79 teaulcsg: Call $12.09 *** TURN *** [H7] *** RIVER *** [HK] *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $39.08 Rake $1.00 holdemblow: Shows [sA HA] holdemblow: wins $39.08

Re: a cash hand from last night This is a bad beat. When the chips went in he was 10-11% to win. I'd say you played that like it is supposed to be played. This is no brainer situation. When I get something like that and I try not to tilt, I remind myself what Brunson says at every beginneng of a PAD episode. It's not about winning or losing, it's about making the right decision. You just couldn't beat the variance this time.

Re: a cash hand from last night

How else could you have played it Al? You got all the money in as a huge favourite and if you keep doing that in cash you can't go wrong.
+1 Don't be results orientated - IMO that's one of the very worst things you can do in poker! When you have no decisions left to make, you can no longer influence things, you dont care what happens from that point - it WILL even itself out (yes even for you :tongue2). In this hand, once you are both all in, you are 87.5% to win $39.08 and 12.5% to win $0 - your equity in this pot is ($39.08*.875) + ($39.07*0) = $34.20. You made a profit on the hand of $34.20 minus what you put in $19.59 - a profit of $14.61. Do you understand book-keeping/accounting at all? Think of it as the difference between a Profit&Loss sheet and a Cash Flow Statement. When you make a profit (e.g. you sell something for more than you bought it for), you dont necessarily see the cash from it in the current accounting period (e.g. you invoice the customer 6 months later) - so you make a profit (your goal) but you dont immediately see the cash - it doesn't matter, you know it will come :ok In this case, it's good - you made a profit on the hand - the cash wasn't shipped straight away, but it will come (so long as you dont sell your goods at a loss too often!!)