Perth 24/9

Spooner

15:00 - Carthys Cross Not been out since July 07, However I think Carthys Cross looks a decent bet today, He was such a consistent performer over this 2m trip. Has the ability to take a race like this but seems to find one to good on a number of occasions. Im willing to give him a another shot today. @ 4/1 Vc Bet

Re: Perth 24/9 5.20 Perth - Flying Doctor Didn't run well at Cartmel, but this is a specific track and the horse likes the Perth course. Won here on last appearance at this distance. Has been running well lately. Last time he was raised 10lbs for the win and mark was too high, so I will excuse the bad run. 7lbs claimer will help a lot today and at the same distance I expect a good run. The ground has a bit of cut, but it is good to soft good in places and the horse will like it. Hope there is no rain.

Re: Perth 24/9

SportHorse Racing
Event2.25 Perth
SelectionPresent Gesture (to place)
Strength10/10
Date24/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.96 (Back)
ReasoningComes from a shrewd stable in Gordon Elliot and looks one to watch now going hurdling. Won 2 bumpers most recently including at this course last time out. This is a hot little race but this half sister to top class hurdlers Wichita Lineman and Rhinestone Cowboy is certainly bred for the job and she looks the value in the race to me.
SportHorse Racing
Event2.25 Perth
SelectionPresent Gesture
Strength5/10
Date24/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 7.00 (Back)
ReasoningComes from a shrewd stable in Gordon Elliot and looks one to watch now going hurdling. Won 2 bumpers most recently including at this course last time out. This is a hot little race but this half sister to top class hurdlers Wichita Lineman and Rhinestone Cowboy is certainly bred for the job and she looks the value in the race to me.

SportHorse Racing
Event3.00 Perth
SelectionCarthys Cross (to place)
Strength10/10
Date24/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.04 (Back)
ReasoningFrustrating horse but no doubt he has the ability as he has finished 2nd on 7 of his 14 chase starts. Returns from a year off the track which is obviously a slight worry but races off a career low mark here and this contest doesn't look overly strong. If he is 80% fit I feel he looks a cracking bet at odds against to get in the first three under the champ.

SportHorse Racing
Event3.35 Perth
SelectionSummer Soul (to place)
Strength10/10
Date24/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningTakes a huge drop in class here and although he has to put a couple of lacklustre efforts behind him, he looks terrific value in a weak contest. Gets plenty of weight from top weight Roman Villa especially with Campbell Gillies taking 7lbs off. Cheekpieces back on today and his last 2 runs in that equipment are good enough to win this. Great bet at 6/1.
SportHorse Racing
Event3.35 Perth
SelectionSummer Soul
Strength5/10
Date24/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 7.00 (Back)
ReasoningTakes a huge drop in class here and although he has to put a couple of lacklustre efforts behind him, he looks terrific value in a weak contest. Gets plenty of weight from top weight Roman Villa especially with Campbell Gillies taking 7lbs off. Cheekpieces back on today and his last 2 runs in that equipment are good enough to win this. Great bet at 6/1.

Re: Perth 24/9 Another festival from my local track and Twiston Davies sends his army there onca again. His tremendous record cant be ignored here and you oppose his horses at your peril. Anyway, on to todays card and my fancies: 3.00 Go Silver Bullet (EW @ 8/1 Betfred) After what I just said, I have opposed NTD here and gone for the Lucinda Russell horse, who looks far too big to be ignored. I'm not convinced Freddie The Third is backable at his current price off top weight, and the value looks to lie with Go Silver Bullet. Having been campaigned in Ireland, he comes across here after being brought down when a weakening 2nd at Limerick. the Irish form tends to hold up really well when they bring their runners up to Scotland and this animal is ultra consistent. I am hoping he can run well now switched to a new yard. 3.35 Nicki Boy (WIN @ 9/2 Blue Square) I really fancied this horse last time when he was still trained by george Baker, and he was favourite to follow up a win in similar class the run before. However, he never got into the race and his jumping was far from fluent. That wasnt him that day and I am struggling to see whe he underperformed, maybe the distance, maybe something else. Anyway, he was actually claimed after that race by the in form, up and coming trainer Tim Vaughan and I am more than willing to give this horse another chance today. This is another poor race and he drops back down to 2 miles, which he won over 2 runs ago and he may not have stayed last time. This looks a really weak field, adn Nicki Boy has solid form in this class, an in form trainer and a top jock. At the price on offer, this looks a great bet. 4.45 Maidstone Mixture (WIN @ 10/1 Ladbrokes) This is a speculative punt in a small race and the price looks huge for this ex Derby runner believe it or not. Rory Boy is likely to go off favourite for the aforementioned Twiston Davies yard but for personal and financial reasons I hate the horse. I also prefer to look for horses with experience and Maidstone Mixture fits the bill for me. This horse has had an interesting season, running 3 races over hurdles, running in the Derby and the St Leger ! Anyway, he eventually got off the mark over hurdles last time and I expect him to improve on that. He is consistent at this level and his jumping is probably the best in the field. Win or lose, the price looks excellent value. 5.50 Diablo (WIN @ 5/6 SportingBet) For the final race of the day, I have indeed sided with the master of the meeting Nigel Twiston Davies. I backed this horse last time when I expected him to follow up 2 wins on the NHF scene, but he never got his jumping together and should come on a lot for the run. There doesnt look much else in the field that I would worry about and Diablo looks a good thing in whats likely the Getting Out stakes. :hope:ok

Re: Perth 24/9 Couldn't agree with you more re Twiston Davies, Stewart. A mate reliably informs me that from 1992 his record at this particular meeting is a remarkable 45 winners from 85 runners. That is truly staggering...53% S/R. I will be backing all of his runners today and see where it leaves me! 225 QUAIL 300 FREDDIE THE THIRD 410 GOLDEN CHILD 445 RORY BOY 520 BUCK THE LEGEND & DUCKWORTH LEWIS 550 DIABLO

Re: Perth 24/9 5.20 Perth: Herakles Last win came 2 years ago from mark of 115. Runs today from lower mark of 110 after some poor shows. Signs of a return to form last 2 tries returned to hurdles, most significantly LTO when finishing 4th but importantly finishing in front of Orpen Wide who went on to beat Roman Villa and win yesterday. Trip and ground no problem so every chance of the win today. McCoy an eye-catching booking too. WIN at current best price 11/2 Betfred

15:00 - Carthys Cross Not been out since July 07, However I think Carthys Cross looks a decent bet today, He was such a consistent performer over this 2m trip. Has the ability to take a race like this but seems to find one to good on a number of occasions. Im willing to give him a another shot today. @ 4/1 Vc Bet
Found one to good again. :wall:wall:wall

3.00 Go Silver Bullet (EW @ 8/1 Betfred) After what I just said, I have opposed NTD here and gone for the Lucinda Russell horse, who looks far too big to be ignored. I'm not convinced Freddie The Third is backable at his current price off top weight, and the value looks to lie with Go Silver Bullet. Having been campaigned in Ireland, he comes across here after being brought down when a weakening 2nd at Limerick. the Irish form tends to hold up really well when they bring their runners up to Scotland and this animal is ultra consistent. I am hoping he can run well now switched to a new yard.
3rd :clap

Seen as everyone else is blowing their own trumpet Get in dere ITS Tough, tough by name , tough by nature Quiny boy is suppose to win also in the 5.50:nana:ok:clap:dude:rollin:D:tongue2
No-one is blowing their own trumpet and if you gave a bit more reasoning rather than just "this will win" people might pay a bit more attention. ;)

Another festival from my local track and Twiston Davies sends his army there onca again. His tremendous record cant be ignored here and you oppose his horses at your peril. Anyway, on to todays card and my fancies: 3.00 Go Silver Bullet (EW @ 8/1 Betfred) After what I just said, I have opposed NTD here and gone for the Lucinda Russell horse, who looks far too big to be ignored. I'm not convinced Freddie The Third is backable at his current price off top weight, and the value looks to lie with Go Silver Bullet. Having been campaigned in Ireland, he comes across here after being brought down when a weakening 2nd at Limerick. the Irish form tends to hold up really well when they bring their runners up to Scotland and this animal is ultra consistent. I am hoping he can run well now switched to a new yard. 3rd 3.35 Nicki Boy (WIN @ 9/2 Blue Square) I really fancied this horse last time when he was still trained by george Baker, and he was favourite to follow up a win in similar class the run before. However, he never got into the race and his jumping was far from fluent. That wasnt him that day and I am struggling to see whe he underperformed, maybe the distance, maybe something else. Anyway, he was actually claimed after that race by the in form, up and coming trainer Tim Vaughan and I am more than willing to give this horse another chance today. This is another poor race and he drops back down to 2 miles, which he won over 2 runs ago and he may not have stayed last time. This looks a really weak field, adn Nicki Boy has solid form in this class, an in form trainer and a top jock. At the price on offer, this looks a great bet. 1st :nana:nana:nana
Can I blow my own trumpet a wee bit now :tongue2 Delighted with the price I got for Nicky Boy. Would be sick if I had taken SP :nana:nana

Re: Perth 24/9 Didnt have time to write epic love story about the horses , just got the word from the stable they will win , and Pipe knows the time of the day being the current grand national winning trainer, Fair play on Nicki boy but i wouldnt start shouting of the rooftops about tippin an 8/1 third

Didnt have time to write epic love story about the horses , just got the word from the stable they will win , and Pipe knows the time of the day being the current grand national winning trainer, Fair play on Nicki boy but i wouldnt start shouting of the rooftops about tippin an 8/1 third
Tosser obviously. :clap

Re: Perth 24/9 On here we are tight-knit. Congratulate those who have 50/1 winners and 9/2 EW placers. We also give reasoning for our tips which seperates us from most garbage forums and which is why we are also one of the best. That's how it is. If you can't stand that or don't like it do one to betfair forum innit

Didnt have time to write epic love story about the horses , just got the word from the stable they will win , and Pipe knows the time of the day being the current grand national winning trainer, Fair play on Nicki boy but i wouldnt start shouting of the rooftops about tippin an 8/1 third
I didnt say anything, it was Spooner so get your facts right 1st mate. Anyway, lets get back to tipping winners. :eyes

Re: Perth 24/9 I was hardly boasting, A 4-1 shot that finished second and I wrote 'Found one to good again' That's really blowing my own trumpet.... I wasn't going to reply to 'this will win' as stewart said. My knowledge of horses ain't great but I try and make the effort to give a little write up. An 8/1 placer ain't bad, If you bet win and place you made a nice little profit....So what's the problem?

I was hardly boasting, A 4-1 shot that finished second and I wrote 'Found one to good again' That's really blowing my own trumpet.... I wasn't going to reply to 'this will win' as stewart said. My knowledge of horses ain't great but I try and make the effort to give a little write up. An 8/1 placer ain't bad, If you bet win and place you made a nice little profit....So what's the problem?
Ooops, dont think my comment came across right. I wasnt saying you were blowing your own trumpet. I was saying it was you that pointed out my 3rd. :ok Your knowledge of horses is excellent mate and your record the past 2 months backs that up. We all go through phases where we cant pick our noses (far too often) but thats the way it goes. ;)

Ooops, dont think my comment came across right. I wasnt saying you were blowing your own trumpet. I was saying it was you that pointed out my 3rd. :ok Your knowledge of horses is excellent mate and your record the past 2 months backs that up. We all go through phases where we cant pick our noses (far too often) but thats the way it goes. ;)
No problem Stewart. I was just clearing it up for myself. :ok