Best Bet of the Day 22/9/08

Re: Best Bet of the Day 22/9/08 Leicester 2.20 With 11 winners in the past fortnight and with a treble at Hamilton yesterday Mark Johnston is a trainer bang in form. He sends Norfolk Broads out in class 4 nursery handicap over 6 furlongs today at Leicester. A field of 18 go to post so luck in running will be required, but his filly may have been let in off a decent mark of 69 here. On her second run at York she had Adozen Dreams behind by a neck and that rival has picked up a handicap off 66 since. In front of her by a couple of lengths was Carnaby Haggerston, who picked up a nursery handicap himself off 78. She then raced at Lingfield and had Montmorency four lengths back in third. The Godolphin recruit finished 2nd at Ripon next time out, but the form of that race was boosted yesterday when Count Paris (3.25 lengths behind Montmorency) picked up a handicap off 72 off the back of an earlier handicap win at Lingfield when rated 67. Montmorency himself has since won a Goodwood maiden and holds an entry for the Darley Dewhurst next month. Norfolk Broads raced at Doncaster when last seen but up in grade (class 2) and on soft ground she was never involved and a well beaten 15th off a mark of 69. However, the ground today will be much faster and back down in grade she cannot be ignored on her present mark with Johnston is such rampant form at present. William Hill go 12/1 (BOG) and with EW odds 1/4 on 4 places, I'll go each way for added insurance in this large field. 0.5 pt EW.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 22/9/08 4.10 Hamilton: Superior Star Won at Hamilton at the end of august over furlong shorter in a decisive manner. Today's race looks no stronger than that victory so the rise in the weights might not stop him from following up. Extra furlong and ground should pose no problems. WIN

Re: Best Bet of the Day 22/9/08 Leicester 15:20 - Cape Royal Cape Royal has the ability to take this, He is now off a mark to win a race like this. Has previously ran well at this track over this distance and I think he may cause a little upset here at a big price. 0.5pts e/w

Re: Best Bet of the Day 22/9/08 Continuing with my recent strategy of concentrating on CD winners in handicaps.......... Hamilton 5.10 - Rothesay Dancer.- Win There are 3 CD winners in the field, but this one seems to be in the best current form of the three. Has won 3 times over course and distance, 2 of those wins with 'soft' in the ground description. Today's claimer jockey has been on board for all 3 of those CD wins. Ran a bit of a stinker last time but that was at Musselburgh and I don't think a sharp 5 would suit this one these days, tho' it did when she was younger. I guess she's slowing down a bit with age. I know how that feels On a sharp track she wants 6 furlongs. Trainer had winners on Friday and Saturday so stable in form. Bit worried about the 2 that ran at Ayr on saturday in a better race, Highland Warrior and The Bear. Knot on Wood came here and won yesterday having run at Ayr on Saturday, but that was a huge step down in class. Not sure they'll do so well in a more competitive race, even tho' it's a bit lower grade. Sorry, rambling a bit now.......... Rothesay Dancer to win !