Newbury ~ Friday 19/09/08

mileni4uk

Re: Newbury ~ Friday 19/09/08 Hi All, I thought I would let you know about these two Horse Alerts I put up on OLBG about a week ago. I said "Picked up some feedback on Sports Live Radio today on Sporting Life site in relation to a Horse working exceptionally well on the gallops?" 1:40 Newbury HUNTDOWN A half-brother to a couple of 6f winners in Vainglory and Wingbeat, holds a Racing Post Trophy entry and is clearly expected to stay further in time. Lto RP's comment was "He seemed to know his job, travelling strongly just in behind the speed, and struck on from about a furlong and half out. This was a promising start and he should find a similar race. Was beaten in the shadows of the post by Absent Pleasure shhd. Roll on 25th October 3:05 Newmarket ABSENT PLEASURE The same race produced the following comment from the RP "Stepped up markedly on his recent debut effort to score, landing some good bets in the process. Too inexperienced to get involved when fifth of nine to highly regarded stablemate Nasri at Newbury eight days earlier (6f, good to soft), he started to be niggled three out, but was switched towards the far rail racing into the final quarter-mile and stayed on strongly. The step up to 7f is expected to bring further improvement and he has plenty of scope. I really do feel these both have a great chance today the prices may not be great? Ha-Ha icon_biggrin.gif When the first one wins it certainly franks the chances of the second and as the latter has an entry in the Dewhirst, I would say is well worth putting some early ante post money on! Please note I have put up as full a comment on this as I could with thanks from the RP site but only because I didn't see the race, as I was away in the caravan. Good Luck with these! MidasTouch

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.