AFL Prelim finals

TazaD

Had every plan of taking Geelong on the -45 point theory (in that they are mirroring Essendon of 2000), but really would have preferred a few less points than 40.5. As usual I'll be pretty interested in the total with Geelong at the MCG. Saints have to be a chance tho don't they...haven't really looked too deeply at that game just yet tho... :\

Re: AFL Prelim finals

Had every plan of taking Geelong on the -45 point theory (in that they are mirroring Essendon of 2000)' date=' but really would have preferred a few less points than 40.5.[/quote'] Geelong are a bit unstoppable aren't they? Even though there were good signs last week, I still think the Doggies are short of their early season form in terms of hitting targets and minimizing turnovers. I think next year they'll have the cattle and the nous to threaten Geelong, but for now I think they should put forward their best effort and learn from it. I think the line is a bit big but I think the bookies have been hurt too much by Geelong having beaten the line 12/last 14. Before they lost to the Pies they only beat the line 4/8 this year (Rnds 1-8). Saints did what the Crows failed to do and that was to expose the Pies for what they were. A good, ordinary team :) The key was that their star players and their 2nd-tier players stood up, especially their maligned ones. There is a certain vulnerability about the Hawks that have led to them being found wanting a few times this year. They are not as bulletproof as the Cats and going on that you would have to think that the Saints being the team that they are, the +19 pts is worth a go.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.