Folkestone 8/9

Spooner

SportHorse Racing
EventFolkestone 17:20
SelectionGreylami (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date08/09/2008
Bookmaker/PriceWilliam Hill @ 6.50 (Back)
ReasoningGreylami is running well, A winner over this distance before. Ran a good race at goodwood last time out in a class 3 stepping back down in class today. The ground is a bit of a worry. Should run a good race as he is improving with every run.

Re: Folkestone 8/9 5.20 Folkestone I made Dr Brass my BBOTD last time it ran and won at Bath. I thought he was well handicapped and that proved to be the case as he won by 1.75 lengths and was well supported into 4's from 7's. I wrote.....

3.30 Bath Dr Brass looks to have chance through a piece of form with Rum Jungle at Great Leighs in which he finished only a s.h off Henry Candy's third placed horse. Rum Jungle showed promise on his handicap debut off 68 NTO, finishing a 2.5 length 2/13 at Leicester and then he won on his next appearance in a class 4 Newmarket handicap off 2 lb higher. When last seen he was racing off 76 at Windsor and only went down by a length to the 85-rated Red Somerset. Thus, if Dr Brass can show similar sort of improvement, then bearing in mind their Grl form, he may have a chance off 72 here. Dr Brass tackled heavy going on his handicap debut LTO and finished a well beaten 3rd of 7 after being sent off the 10/3 fav. With conditions less testing today he may gain compensation. 7/1.
The second has since boosted the form by winning a class 5 handicap off 63 (lower grade than this race admittedly). H J L Dunlop's colt has been raised 5 lbs by the assessor for that win but if Dr Brass is as closely matched with Rum Jungle as the Great Leighs form suggests then he could still have a chance running off 77 here. The question that remains to be answered is whether the ground will prove a problem as it's heavy today. It looks a competitive race and many others are in form, but there could be more to come from Dr Brass perhaps if handling the ground.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.